HomeTown Forums
Hiring Builders - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: SMP Server (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hiring Builders (/showthread.php?tid=2455)

Pages: 1 2

Hiring Builders - Dinogirl2468 - 06-19-2017

So i just had this idea.  Smile

I was thinking we can have a warp where people can go and hire builders. Yes i know you can just ask in chat but they may be someone better suited for your task that may not be one at the moment.

The idea of this is where builders can apply to have their information, range of skills, time when they builder is usally on, redstone capabilities. and their charge rate/amount put up. This allows people to see who is best suited for their job. It also can say weather or not materials/tools must be provided. 

As an example is where if i want someone who is more specialized in terraforming, i have the ability to see multiple builder that can do my task and see which one I would like to hire hire. 

I'd love to hear all of your ideas and thoughts on this.

RE: Hiring Builders - DrBot - 06-19-2017

This could work for big builds but usually when I need someone to help me build something, it's little 5 min jobs, and usually those are finished quickest if I just ask if anyone wants to be an unpaid servant for a few minutes. Usually that gets me a couple positive responses. 

If you do plan to go on with this idea, it wouldn't be too bad. I think there could be a part that shows builders looking for jobs and another part that shows designers looking for workers.

RE: Hiring Builders - _Minigunner_ - 06-20-2017

I think this is a great idea! From time to time, I think about how easy it would be to have multiple builders one one project. The only problem with this idea is the organization behind it. That would be a lot of information to put on signs. Books would be the smartest choice, but you need to factor in the people who would take the book for themselves rather than return it. Trust me, people will take anything that aint nailed to the floor.

All in all, this is a great idea, and should be acted upon.

RE: Hiring Builders - _JELLy__ - 06-21-2017

Name: Jelly. Redstone capability: Pretty good. Aesthetic design capability: Absolute crap. Fee: Mostly Free. Like that? :p

RE: Hiring Builders - iloveducks24 - 06-29-2017

hello. I would love to help you build.

RE: Hiring Builders - TonyDG101 - 06-30-2017

I would love to help u build
name:AnthonyRTerrell "Kirito"
Redstone capacity:trial and error, I succeed however I can
Design:crap
fee:100-500 a build depending on size

RE: Hiring Builders - murphdog2 - 07-07-2017

Name: murphdog2
Redstone Capacity: Great (I built a redstone Binary Adder and can build other cool stuff)
Design: Not so great (I repeat a simple design but my design skills are lacking)
fee: Varies (1-250 for small-medium) (300+ for big) (or a parrot/items)
Note: I only workfor $$$ but I can do large scale terra-forming or menial tasks for a long time :/

RE: Hiring Builders - XxKawiixKittyxX - 07-09-2017

i love this i idea i always have to search to find a good builder this would help alot!

RE: Hiring Builders - Cil - 01-28-2018

Sign me up to build things

RE: Hiring Builders - Nether_Ruler - 01-28-2018

I like the idea