HomeTown Forums
Murder Mystery #1 - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Murder Mystery #1 (/showthread.php?tid=2576)

Pages: 1 2

Murder Mystery #1 - Star - 07-25-2017

This will be the official thread of the first murder mystery! Anyone that does not have an official role please DO NOT COMMENT until I comment again saying you can! Any comments I find that aren't by the proper players will be deleted!

Good luck and have fun!

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - TheNamesGames - 07-25-2017

POLICE REPORT FILE

CASE NO: 17001395
DATE: MAY 26, 2016
OFFICER AND BADGE NO: GAMES, THENAMES - 903
CASE STATUS: OPEN, INVESTIGATING

INCIDENT: OFFICER THENAMESGAMES WAS CALLED TO THE SCENE OF A CODE 200 (DEATH). UPON 903’S ARRIVAL, THE VICTIM WAS FOUND SLUMPED OVER IN HER CHAIR. THERE WAS A STRONG ODOR OF VOMIT IN THE AIR, THOUGH NONE WAS FOUND AT THE SCENE, AND ALL TRASH BINS WERE EMPTY, EXCEPT FOR THE VICTIM’S, AS NO TRASH BIN WAS FOUND IN HER OFFICE. DEATH WAS CONFIRMED AT 09:38 BY AMBULANCE PERSONNEL.

DETAIL: UPON INVESTIGATION OF THE SCENE AFTER THE BODY WAS REMOVED, EVIDENCE WAS RECOVERED FROM THE SCENE, AND SUSPECT INFORMATION WAS COLLECTED. THERE WERE FIVE PEOPLE TO CHECK INTO THE OFFICE THAT MORNING: THE JANITOR ( THE_4THDOCTOR), THE SECRETARY (STEASAUR), THE BOSS (FIREGENE), THE COWORKER (PEMIGRADE), AN I.T. TECHNICIAN (GLOONKEY), AND A SALESPERSON (OSHAKAI). IMMEDIATE BUT BRIEF INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED WITH EACH PERSON FOUND ON SCENE. SECONDARY INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED IF THERE IS REASONABLE DOUBT ABOUT THE CHARACTER OF THAT PERSON, THOUGH DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS, ONLY HALF OF THE PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO BE INTERVIEWED FOR A SECOND ROUND. 
[NOTE TO PLAYERS: THERE WILL BE A STRAWPOLL SO YOU CAN CHOOSE WHO THE POLICE INTERROGATE A SECOND TIME! CHOOSE WISELY!]
AT THIS TIME, IT APPEARS THE VICTIM’S DAY WENT AS FOLLOWS. SHE WENT INTO WORK EARLY DUE TO HER NEW JOB ASSIGNMENT, SPENT THE MORNING IN HER OFFICE, AND EACH PERSON VISITED THE VICTIM OR HER OFFICE AT LEAST ONCE. 
THE CIRCUMSTANCES WERE UNCLEAR AS TO HOW THE VICTIM DIED, SO AN AUTOPSY WITH DOCTOR DICEY WAS ORDERED IMMEDIATELY. RESULTS SHOULD BE BACK WITHIN A DAY WITH MEDICAL DETAILS ABOUT THE PATIENT. IN THE TIME I SPENT AT THE OFFICE, I MANAGED TO TAKE PICTURES OF EVIDENCE AROUND THE AREA, THOUGH THOSE PICTURES WILL TAKE A LITTLE WHILE TO PRINT OUT.

EVIDENCE: THE TRASH CAN WAS MISSING FROM THE OFFICE, THERE WAS A SMELL OF VOMIT IN THE AIR BUT NONE WAS FOUND, THE FEW PAPERS ON THE NEW DESK HAD A COFFEE RING ON THEM BUT NO CUP, AND UPON FURTHER INSPECTION OF THE PAPERS ON HER DESK, ONE OF THEM WAS A MISCONDUCT REPORT WITH A NAME THAT ENDED IN A VOWEL WHO HAD GONE TO WORK THAT MORNING- THE REST OF THE NAME WAS SMEARED DUE TO COFFEE STAINS.

I WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PRESS QUESTIONS SHORTLY.

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - The_4thdoctor - 07-25-2017

"Star? Never knew her. I don’t even work in the day, apparently Firegene doesn’t want me to work in the day after the…..incident. Look, this interview or whatever is confidential right? I can’t have this getting back to the boss, I need this gig. Yeah, I cleaned out the trash this morning, it smelled nasty in her room. She said she was feeling kinda sick and thought it was the stress of her job or whatever, so I just cleaned stuff out and left. I didn't do nothin' else, okay? If you really wanna know what was in her trash can, we can go look later I didn't bother lookin' myself."

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - Pemigrade - 07-25-2017

Hi, I’m Pemigrade, one of Star’s best friends . I’m devastated after Star’s death. I remember when I recommended her a job at this office, because the people were so friendly and it seemed like a job she would be good at. God, I miss her.  I mean, she was good at what she did! She would train people just like I trained her, and when she needed help or anything I was there for her. I was a little surprised Firegene gave her the manager job, she hasn’t even been here as long as I have. I don’t know if she would have stuck around if it weren’t for me! I helped her through some tough times, like that time she was written up- oh shit! I shouldn’t have said that! I have to go. Look, if you need me to, I can talk to you later, it's such a tragedy what happened!

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - Oshakai - 07-25-2017

Hey, I’m Oshakai. Yeah, Star and I were friends. Not super close, but you know how it is at work and all. That secretary’s been all over the place for the last week or whatever and she’s totally screwing me over. That manager job Star has- I mean had? Yeah, fuck that. I have to deal with customers who already think they’re god almighty, now the new girl got promoted? Jesus it’s like they want me to jump out a window. I don’t get paid enough to deal with the amount of medicine I need to breathe through the plastic-preppy-attitude in this air. I'm of no help to you, sorry bud

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - Gloonkey - 07-25-2017

Hey, my name's Gloonkey. I’ve been working here for only a few months now, but I knew Star! We didn’t talk much but I always saw her getting coffee in the mornings. Wish I would have gotten to know her better. She was one of the few people that actually enjoyed her job these days. Actually, now that I think about it, Star didn’t grab her coffee this morning, I guess she was too busy to do it. Oh, Firegene told you about the keycard logs for Star's office? Yeah I can get them for you no problem, anything to help out! It'll take me a little bit to get the information, so you can swing by my office later and I'll have them for you!

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - Steasaur - 07-25-2017

Um hi, I’m Firegene’s secretary, Steasaur. I’m really very busy, so if we can keep this short and sweet you’d make my life so much easier. He has me working too much, but they refuse to spend the money to hire a second secretary! I came here for work right after college, and when they hired me they said I had the potential to be a manager one day, but of course, they hired Star instead. Nope, I’m just stuck in the secretary position. My parents were right, I should’ve quit here before I wasted my life working for HomeTown Inc. Did I kill her? Heavens no, you really think I can afford to lose my job here? Now please, there's some paperwork I need to get to. If you need information on what Star was working on, you can ask me again later.

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - firegene - 07-25-2017

I’m the boss of HomeTown Incorporated, firegene. It’s a terrible tragedy what happened, but I’m not sure of how much help I can be. The only time I interacted with Star was during this most recent round of promotions. I needed a new manager, and Star was the one who made it. Unfortunately now I’m not sure what to do, since the position is open again. Look, if you want details on what she was doing or keycard logs of who went to visit Star when, you'll have to talk to the IT Tech, Gloonkey, since nobody has access to the logs but him. If you need me, you can contact me at (317)-723-5637

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - Kcalifornia - 07-26-2017

I’m the autopsy doctor, KCalifornia. Upon performing the patient’s autopsy, there were a few findings. The patient was in good health, aside from their untimely death. There are no obvious signs of trauma or injuries, so I ran a toxicology screen. The results came back positive for poison. The contents of her stomach were benign, just breakfast and coffee, no pills or anything were found to suggest a purposeful overdose. The case will be marked a homicide in my files.

RE: Murder Mystery #1 - Star - 07-26-2017

Choose which people you want the police to re-interview! Please only pick three people, guys!

http://www.strawpoll.me/13534933

The thread is now open to comments from ANYONE! Please don't ask questions for more details, the characters aren't able to give them, as even they don't know who killed me! Note: There are second rounds of interviews from half the characters coming up, so vote above to get more information out of those people!