HomeTown Forums
1st Shift Tales - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 1st Shift Tales (/showthread.php?tid=2727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 1st Shift Tales - miumiaou - 09-12-2017

I hope you'll be safe, when Zeus storm came in my town in march, Ju almost had a car accident because of a flying glass panel

RE: 1st Shift Tales - Grimm_Wolfe - 09-12-2017

(09-12-2017, 02:18 PM)miumiaou Wrote: I hope you'll be safe, when Zeus storm came in my town in march, Ju almost had a car accident because of a flying glass panel

Thanks for the thought. ^-^ It wasn't too bad, more of a drizzle.  I was expecting more.

Day 3:  Got some rain from hurricane Irma, wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be.  Anyway, I got to fill some of the donuts and eclairs today.  Talked with Mr. Jimminy about disaster-relief and proper safety when using a portable generator to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.  I was mainly on cleaning-duty today; so floors, bathrooms, trash, and dishes.  It was a far cry from Taco Bell 3rd shift.  Everything was pretty clean and no one shit on the floors, so I'll take that as a win.  The boss-man had to help a woman in the drive-thru, as her car's battery died and he had jumper cables.  Poor man had to go out in the rain.  Made a few rookie-mistakes with the cash register but it got resolved in the end.  I did find out I can take a dozen donuts home with me every week for free, so I'll be using that perk at some point for friends/family.  I got to refill the donut-filling hoppers, which was awesome.  The fillings are essentially toaster-pastry fillings in 5-gallon/19-litre buckets, the aroma was heavenly.  It was like getting jams slammed up your nose.  Made $8.50+ in tips.  Overall, it was a good, uneventful shift.

RE: 1st Shift Tales - Oshakai - 09-12-2017

(09-12-2017, 10:52 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:18 PM)miumiaou Wrote: I hope you'll be safe, when Zeus storm came in my town in march, Ju almost had a car accident because of a flying glass panel

Thanks for the thought. ^-^ It wasn't too bad, more of a drizzle.  I was expecting more.

Day 3:  Got some rain from hurricane Irma, wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be.  Anyway, I got to fill some of the donuts and eclairs today.  Talked with Mr. Jimminy about disaster-relief and proper safety when using a portable generator to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.  I was mainly on cleaning-duty today; so floors, bathrooms, trash, and dishes.  It was a far cry from Taco Bell 3rd shift.  Everything was pretty clean and no one shit on the floors, so I'll take that as a win.  The boss-man had to help a woman in the drive-thru, as her car's battery died and he had jumper cables.  Poor man had to go out in the rain.  Made a few rookie-mistakes with the cash register but it got resolved in the end.  I did find out I can take a dozen donuts home with me every week for free, so I'll be using that perk at some point for friends/family.  I got to refill the donut-filling hoppers, which was awesome.  The fillings are essentially toaster-pastry fillings in 5-gallon/19-litre buckets, the aroma was heavenly.  It was like getting jams slammed up your nose.  Made $8.50+ in tips.  Overall, it was a good, uneventful shift.
That sounds amazing. Now Grimm please give me those donuts. My emotional state for those donuts: https://youtu.be/-p7aStAKfd4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RE: 1st Shift Tales - Grimm_Wolfe - 09-14-2017

Day 4:  Basically, a repeat of yesterday work-wise.  Mr. Jimminy and I talked about ice skating on frozen lakes and crazy things he did.  A man in a moving truck attempting to come through our drive-thru and almost tore off our awning, which shields customers from the rain.  My co-workers called me old for listening to my oldies playlist (pop/jazz from 1910-1959) and for using "an old-person creamer" (Irish creme coffee-mate) in my hot cocoa; my co-workers are in their late 40s or 50s (lmao).  Sharp*, an older woman who's training me, and another customer engaged in some top-level, friendly banter for a good bit, it was great to watch.  The man looked so done with Sharp's shade.  Also, the supposed "coolest cop" in my town came by after a long hiatus and we all chatted for a bit, the man is hilarious.  Mother*, an older woman who solely fries donuts, went on a pretty funny rant about the flies bothering her and landing in the dough she was prepping to fry.

*names changed to pseudonyms for privacy.

RE: 1st Shift Tales - TheNamesGames - 09-14-2017

"Variety donut holes?"

RE: 1st Shift Tales - Grimm_Wolfe - 09-15-2017

(09-14-2017, 11:03 AM)TheNamesGames Wrote: "Variety donut holes?"

We sell chocolate-dipped, powdered sugar, cake, and cinnamon donut holes.

Day 5: I was supposed to open by myself this morning, that didn't happen.  The cook who was supposed to let me in finished early and left before I even got there, so I was locked-out.  I had to get the owner to let me and we opened up 40min late; awesome.  Had to rush to get everything going and orders made.  I wasn't even able to talk with Mr. Jimminy.  Apart from that fiasco, business as usual.  A man and his daughter came in for donuts, and she asked for an exact sprinkled chocolate-glazed donut in the pile in the front of the display, which would be difficult to get to.  I got it for her because smol-child.

RE: 1st Shift Tales - Penguin - 09-15-2017

RE: 1st Shift Tales - Grimm_Wolfe - 09-17-2017

Day 6:  Opening went smooth.  There was a large community event in the neighborhood beside the shop, so we had a lot of traffic coming through our shop.  I was even asked to stay an extra hour because we were that busy.  Met a new coworker today I'll call Lamb.  She's pretty cool.  She looks like a half-Hispanic version of Tina Belcher, which makes me laugh inside to no end.  She reminds me of my younger sister, too.  Made a few mistakes on the register, again; that's always fun.  I had an interesting talk with Mr, Jimminy today, I found out he speaks some Italian so I spoke to him in Italian for fun.  He jokingly asked me if I was part of La Famiglia (The Mafia) and if he could call in a few markers (blood-oath favors for anything, including-but limited to-murder).  He then started talking about growing up in New York as a kid and that he was in possession of a few markers for reasons he never explained.  Then he explained they're able to be passed down through generations and can be called in whenever.  Assuming the family indebted to is still around that is.  He also talked about how mafia hitmen never carry their murder weapon, rather person-A passes it to them at the last moment and person-B takes it from them after the deed; then they scatter. Not sure how true any of this is but all the more reason to not mess with old people, I'd rather not find out.  He then started talking about all the operas his mom made him go see as a kid.  Made $21 + change in just tips today.

RE: 1st Shift Tales - Penguin - 09-21-2017

Grimm, don't get involved with the Italian mafia. They don't have variety donut holes.

Also how come you speak Italian?

RE: 1st Shift Tales - TheNamesGames - 09-22-2017

(09-21-2017, 11:54 PM)Penguin Wrote: Grimm, don't get involved with the Italian mafia. They don't have variety donut holes.

Also  how come you speak Italian?

He is part of it already, did'nt you know? Or did he retire?