HomeTown Forums
Weird moments - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Weird moments (/showthread.php?tid=3313)

Pages: 1 2

Weird moments - Penguin - 05-04-2018

Tell us about your mishaps!

Today I walked up to a glass door in school, saw a teacher on the other side, and tried to open the door for them. Then I realised it was a push door and it's quite thin, so the teacher hurriedly says "thanks" and scoots through while I lean through the doorway with my arm across the door to hold it open. I shout "you too" over my shoulder as I go through the door.

RE: Weird moments - TheNamesGames - 05-04-2018

I thought i bought a danish pastry with apple fillet but once i got home and took a bite i realized it was a meat pastry

It made me a bit sad, knowing i had run those miles to the convenience store all for a pastry that had a wrong fillet after all

After that one bite i just left it there, on the kitchen table, i think its still there

RE: Weird moments - Penguin - 05-04-2018

So my dad always listens to music at home, and when I walked in the door I said "hi" and the Star Wars theme started playing immediately afterwards, so I just followed up with "and may the 4th be with you"

RE: Weird moments - Greinaut - 05-05-2018

Define a misshap....

RE: Weird moments - Penguin - 05-09-2018

(05-05-2018, 08:10 AM)Greinaut Wrote: Define a misshap....

Any embarrassing moments, accidents, or random coincidences

For example, I'm a bass guitarist. Today I was approached by one of my teachers asking me to play in a big band concert next week. I also got a facebook message from a drummer I know asking me to play in a gig on saturday. On the same day. Weird huh? (I only do gigs once every few months)

RE: Weird moments - The_4thdoctor - 05-09-2018

i once ended up walking into a brick wall while in the middle of a conversation with my friend, i was looking to the side and he said nothing... i believe it must've looked very dumb

RE: Weird moments - TheFabNova - 05-10-2018

i fell at homecoming. thats it

RE: Weird moments - ThatChicken1 - 06-08-2018

I work in retail and part of my duties on this day were to greet every customer that came in. Specifically had this drilled into my location's staff recently, so I was completely on it.
A guy walked in while I was behind a display opposite of where he was speedwalking past. About 25 feet away, perhaps. Apparently had bad hearing, too. I shouted "Hello!" and he looks around. " How are you doing today?" to give him a chance to focus on the voice. Still can't find me and my arm's stuck in the display I was working on so I couldn't stand up fully. He starts calling out "What's going on? What do you need?" and I try explaining something along the lines of "I'm just saying hello, nothing's wrong, please carry on" and, stumbling over my words, end up getting him completely confused, annoyed, and thinking I was way overdoing my welcome attempts (which he seemed to mistake as yelling for his advice, help, or similar). He grouched on to finish what he came in for and I didn't welcome a single person the rest of the day unless they spoke to me first.
Remember; doing your best is completely useless when you've speech troubles and half-deaf people around!

RE: Weird moments - Penguin - 06-08-2018

(06-08-2018, 04:03 AM)ThatChicken1 Wrote: Remember; doing your best is completely useless when you've speech troubles and half-deaf people around!

Chicken.... you speak to humans? In REAL LIFE????

also:

One of my friends is nearly completely deaf in his right ear. Whenever we're walking together I kinda automatically move so I'm on the left side of him so he can hear me.

What's hilarious is when I shout his name from a distance to get his attention, but he can't hear what direction it came from so he stands and turns slowly in a circle while I repeatedly shout his name. It's like a bloody radar lmao.

RE: Weird moments - ThatChicken1 - 06-09-2018

(06-08-2018, 05:16 PM)Penguin Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 04:03 AM)ThatChicken1 Wrote: Remember; doing your best is completely useless when you've speech troubles and half-deaf people around!

Chicken.... you speak to humans? In REAL LIFE????

also:

One of my friends is nearly completely deaf in his right ear. Whenever we're walking together I kinda automatically move so I'm on the left side of him so he can hear me.

What's hilarious is when I shout his name from a distance to get his attention, but he can't hear what direction it came from so he stands and turns slowly in a circle while I repeatedly shout his name. It's like a bloody radar lmao.
Yeah...sounds like me. Except both ears can hear perfectly well, but the sounds don't translate into comprehensible words without really focusing. This one radars, too.