HomeTown Forums
Ban appeal - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=4627)

Ban appeal - SovietPotatoes - 03-15-2019

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown minecraft server

Minecraft name: SovietPotatoes

Reason for your ban: stealling

Who banned you: Uber

Why should you be unbanned: I was really clueless to who placed the beacons and that giant tower. I broke one block to see who built it (I'm used to do that to see the message "you don't have {username} permission to break blocks". I know, you could use a stick but I didn't had one with me and honestly, even if I had one, I was used to "break" blocks to see who built something. 
When I realised no one claimed it, I was way too ecxited and I took three of the beacons, my friend tried to warn me but I didn't saw their messages on discord. I know what I did was wrong and I know, I shouldn't have broke it in the first place. 
I was desperate and so hyped when I realised no one claimed a giant golden tower with redstone ore stairs and a giant beacon tower. I'm honest, I'm not perfect, I'm human and this was way too tempting. I should have known better and I'm sorry. 

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because the server is one of the best I saw, I don't have many friends on the server since I'm still very new but the one I do have spent so much quality time here. Before I stole the beacons, I had made some real progress on the server with my friends. I really want to come back since we know we won't be able to find a server like this again. I will give back the beacons and even place them back. Again, I'm sorry Uber for breaking your stuff.  

RE: Ban appeal - UberDeathBunny - 03-15-2019

There is no such thing as an unclaimed structure on HomeTown. Any structure built by a player is automatically considered claimed.  I would like at least 2 or more sentences per question. After I read your response we will consider unbanning you. If you are unbanned you will have to return all stolen items to a staff member if and when you return  (please remember that we have full logs of every break on the server). Failure to do so would result in a re-banning.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) What have you learned from this experience?

RE: Ban appeal - SovietPotatoes - 03-16-2019

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
No I'm not allowed to change anything when it comes to a block/structure placed and built by another player. Doing it will be considered as stealling and destructing a property who belongs to someone. 

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
No. Unless the player let me take over. In wich case I'll have to provide tangible proof to admin/staff before even touching the build. And If the build was made with blocks who were stolen, I'll have to give them all to a staff member if it wasn't already done. 

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
No I cannot. Like you said, there is no such thing as an unclaimed structure, even if it was abandoned, the build still belongs to someone. Therefore I cannot modify nor/and take any part of the build.

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
If a block was broken, intentionally or not, I have and will place it back. If I cannot place it back due to any reasons, I'll have to tell the player immediatly and give it back with a proper apoligy. If the player isn't online, I have to get in touch with a staff member, explain the situation and give back the block. 

5) What have you learned from this experience?
Use a stick to know who built something, not your pickaxe. If the build is unclaimed, I still don't have the right to take any blocks. Don't mess around another's player property, even if you're joking. Temptation is a thing, stealling is a complete different thing. An unclaimed build doesn't exist.

I do own you a proper apology. 
UberDeathBunny, 
I'm sorry to have butchered your work and tried to take a part of your hard work without a care in the world. What I've done is completly wrong and was fairly punished. I hope you can trust me when I say that this kind of behavior won't ever happen again. I am not sorry because I got caught. I'm sorry because I know I acted like a total jerk towards you by stealing. I hope I can be forgiven.

RE: Ban appeal - UberDeathBunny - 03-17-2019

You have been unbanned. Please return any stolen items to a staff member when you log in. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.