HomeTown Forums
Ban Appeal - Eunio - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ban Appeal - Eunio (/showthread.php?tid=5398)

Ban Appeal - Eunio - Eunio - 03-23-2020

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Eunio

Reason for your ban: Griefing old spawn (The spawn where it was still a village i think)

Who banned you: I don't remember, I was banned five or four years ago and it doesn't say who I got banned by. It only says "Reason for ban: fuck you."

Why should you be unbanned: I get that you all might not trust me at first, but I'm truly sorry for griefing spawn. I was young and immature. I was mad that my friend got banned for xraying when she said she wasn't, so I decided to take my anger out by griefing spawn - this was in 2015-2016, I was still like 10 or 11 lol, I don't even remember. Once again, I'm sorry. If you decide not to unban me, please just forgive me.

Why do you want to come back: I want to get back on the server to visit the old house that me and my friends made... I know it's not really a valid reason but like sdakdkj.

Thanks for listening.
Sincerely, Eunio.

RE: Ban Appeal - Eunio - Grimm_Wolfe - 03-25-2020

Heyo. Before I begin, you should know that the server's been reset twice since you and your friend were banned--your home no longer exists.

If you would still like to be unbanned, then continue reading.

Your name looked familiar, so I checked my evidence log and it came up. It would seem you were either banned by Vilneas or I. The former has long since stepped down, so this appeal falls under my responsibility. Your recall of the events are correct. Your friend was banned for x-raying and you didn't believe us. After which, you started spamming chat and were banned while you were actively griefing. At the time, we probably had no intention of unbanning you. However, that was a long time ago, so we're okay with giving you a chance to appeal. I'll ask you a series of questions, which will require a response per question; easy.

- Why is griefing against the rules?
- Why is chat spam against the rules?
- Will you follow our rules if you get unbanned?

RE: Ban Appeal - Eunio - Eunio - 03-26-2020

Collecting resources and building something could take hours and even days to do. It can take hours or even days to create something that fills you with joy and pride, just for it to be destroyed the next day with no reason, intentions or explanation as to why it was destroyed. It could be seen as if the person who griefed it has a lack of sympathy for others.

Spam can greatly limit the ability of others to speak and communicate with other people through text in the server since the chatbox is being flooded by one or more than one person. Spamming can also cause annoyance, etc.

I'll follow the rules as best as I can while playing in hometown. I have learned that my past actions have consequences and I can assure you that I will never repeat it.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of my friend's actions. We have both loved playing on the server during our stay. X-raying can give other people a huge advantage since the person who unfairly obtained the resources can sell them for easy profit. This past incident has caused a big inconvenience to others and I understand that such a nuisance can be very frustrating for the moderators and the people who are playing on the server.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my ban appeal even though I was banned a long time ago. I never would've thought that you would forgive (Or even just listen) to me due to my past actions. :D

RE: Ban Appeal - Eunio - Grimm_Wolfe - 03-27-2020

No problem, it's been a long time and I'm surprised you even wanted to come back. Anyway, because the ban was so long ago, the logs are a little wonky. I tried /unban, /unbanip, and /minecraft:pardon on your old IGN, Danniella_TDM, as well as your new one. It seemed to only give a response to Eunio, so you may be unbanned now. You'll have to check. If not, then let us know here and I'll ask another staff-member with console access to find you in the files.

Welcome back to HomeTown!

RE: Ban Appeal - Eunio - Eunio - 03-28-2020

(03-27-2020, 10:37 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: No problem, it's been a long time and I'm surprised you even wanted to come back.  Anyway, because the ban was so long ago, the logs are a little wonky.  I tried /unban, /unbanip, and /minecraft:pardon on your old IGN, Danniella_TDM, as well as your new one.  It seemed to only give a response to Eunio, so you may be unbanned now.  You'll have to check.  If not, then let us know here and I'll ask another staff-member with console access to find you in the files.

Welcome back to HomeTown!

thank you !!