HomeTown Forums
Third (and final) Appeal. - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Third (and final) Appeal. (/showthread.php?tid=5774)

Third (and final) Appeal. - Frosticus - 01-15-2021

Before I write my appeal, I just want to get one thing off of my chest. Even if my appeal is accepted or not, I would like to use this as a means to apologize to those I have upset last April. With that out of the way...

Server you were banned on: SMP.

Minecraft name: Frosticus (now Congelare).

Reason for your ban: Massive grief.

Who banned you: Trekkie.

Why should you be unbanned: In the beginning of 2020, I was growing tired of some members of the server. I, being a member for over a year at that time, was getting annoyed with the new members. Instead of just accepting the server will grow, I let my frustrations build up until April of last year. Late at night, my boredom and stress with quarantine made me snap, in a way. In order to release my rage against certain members of the server, I decided to grief a town I had trust in.

For me to do this was unacceptable. Me, being both VIP 3 and being a long-playing member, purposely ignored the rules I was well versed in. While I had several opportunities to confront the moderators about these members, I decided to take actions into my own hands. What made matters worst for me is that I initially found my ban funny. Without thinking, I joked around how I griefed an annoying player's town, knowing that it would not help my case in the future. At that time, I did not think hard about it, but with being banned for almost a year, I now realize the true errors of my ways. A grief can always be rolled back, since nothing is truly lost. What I mostly lost from my actions were my friends. All the people that I have hanged out with for an entire year suddenly disappeared, because I casted them all aside. I didn't care, but I care now, since these players were amazing people that I had so much fun with.

My ban was 100% justified. I am totally at fault, and I initially deserved a permeant sentence since I purposely made matters worst. And while I did not put much effort into previous appeals, I want to use this one to say one thing; I am very sorry. I am sorry for the person's town I griefed, but I am mostly sorry for the heartache I caused for my friends. A year is quite a long time, but what makes that year long is knowing that you screwed people over. So why should I be unbanned? I am now a better person, and I have found ways to deal with growing frustrations. I am naturally a passive person, so I have taken 2020 till now to learn how to be assertive, but not a destructive asshole. Again, I am very remorseful for my actions, and if I return, I promise to correct all that I have ruined (figuratively and literally).

Why do you want to come back: I spent over a year on the server, and almost a year off of it. These people were my friends, and I enjoyed every second I spent with them. Not all of them may still be playing, but I still would like to see those still here again. In regards for the person I greifed, I would like to personally apologize to him and help him any way I can. Once again, I am very sorry, and I hope you can consider my appeal.

- Frosticus

RE: Third (and final) Appeal. - melaniebeedot - 01-25-2021

Trekkie is on vacation from staffing duties at the moment, so I will be taking over your appeal.

Considering the time lapsed, we are willing to give you a second chance, and hope that you have in fact changed as you claim. Make note that this will be your last and only chance.

You have been unbanned.