HomeTown Forums
Ban appeal - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=6088)

Ban appeal - Dr_Tubaman - 01-10-2023

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Dr_Tubaman

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Griefing

Who banned you: TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): To be 100% honest, I'm unsure exactly what griefing I'm banned for. The only thing I can think that I picked up at any point was a stonecutter that I thought was part of a game-generated village. That was definitely not my intention and I'm happy to return and/or replenish any items that may not belong to me.

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy this community. People are friendly, and it's a good place to play vanilla MC with friends.

RE: Ban appeal - TheDutyPaid - 01-10-2023

It's a bit disappointing that you are unsure of your actions which lead to a ban.

Let me remind you of the rules first.
Do not modify any property that is not yours without the permission of the property-owner.  This includes the addition or subtraction of any gameplay element from one’s property, such as: blocks, crops, items, animals, NPCs, etc.  A property’s age, state of integrity, state of security, or state of occupation does not alter this rule.  If the property is not yours, do not alter it.

Now I will tell you exactly what griefing I banned you for:

First up you removed the whole floor of birch planks and dead coral, from a player house, who was in the middle of building it.

Then found you had placed saplings at a staff build, causing trees to grow inside of the build we use for secret santa.

Can you explain why you did these actions and reassure me that no other cases like this will happen in the future?

RE: Ban appeal - Dr_Tubaman - 01-12-2023

As far as the coral goes: I must have missed the 'state of occupation' part of the rule. That structure looked abandoned and I like the look of dead coral. Now that I've actually seen that part of the rule, I get it.

I'm not really sure what possessed me to plant the saplings, but my intention was definitely not to cause harm.

I've played in this community on and off for a number of years. As I said before: I mean no harm. I'm happy to return any blocks and repair any damage. I know now that abandoned structures are off limits in this world.

I apologize and it won't happen again.

RE: Ban appeal - TheDutyPaid - 01-13-2023

Thank you for the explanation and I can appreciate that you have been a long term player but it is always good to check the rules or ask before you do such actions.

Remember as well we have warps set up to resource worlds and biomes for all the blocks you need.

I have unbanned you as per this reply, you are free to return to HomeTown.

when you do please pass any blocks you got from the build to a staff member.