• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): HomeTownMC

Minecraft name: Fhomhair

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Grief. Banned by Nether_Ruler. Appeal your ban at http://www.hometownmc.com/forums.

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): Apparently I was banned due to taking an unclaimed beacon? Note that this beacon not only had no claim, but it was deep inside a cave with nobody around it (that I fell inside with my elytra!) not too far from my home. So naturally I thought that if said beacon was not only unclaimed, but sitting inside a random cave, that it clearly wasn't important enough to come back and retrieve for later use.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to be let back in so I can continue to play on Cavspanther and I's humble little island alone. The survival world size is small enough as is and we are simply reaping what few resources we have around us without having to go to the resource world or just pay for everything. As a survival is suppose to be. If the beacon was that important the person who left it would have voted on the server for the day and easily gotten a golden shovel and claimed it. My friend and I JUST joined this server and we have been voting and haven't caused any trouble thus far, so this ban feels extremely unfair.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Fhomhair Wrote:Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): HomeTownMC

Minecraft name: Fhomhair

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Grief. Banned by Nether_Ruler. Appeal your ban at http://www.hometownmc.com/forums.

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): Apparently I was banned due to taking an unclaimed beacon? Note that this beacon not only had no claim, but it was deep inside a cave with nobody around it (that I fell inside with my elytra!) not too far from my home. So naturally I thought that if said beacon was not only unclaimed, but sitting inside a random cave, that it clearly wasn't important enough to come back and retrieve for later use.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to be let back in so I can continue to play on Cavspanther and I's humble little island alone. The survival world size is small enough as is and we are simply reaping what few resources we have around us without having to go to the resource world or just pay for everything. As a survival is suppose to be. If the beacon was that important the person who left it would have voted on the server for the day and easily gotten a golden shovel and claimed it. My friend and I JUST joined this server and we have been voting and haven't caused any trouble thus far, so this ban feels extremely unfair.

People forget things. People have to take breaks from Minecraft. People misplace their belongings. None of these things mean you're allowed to take something build by someone else. 

This ban is not unfair. Your broke the rules (see below), stole an entire beacon (aside from the few blocks your friend took) and face the consequences for it. 
[Image: HgSQzNx.png]
This is pulled right from our tutorial, the very first thing you are forced to do when you join the server. I have no way of telling whether or not you and your friend actually read these rules, but it's understood that by playing the server you agree to them anyways. By your logic, I should be able to break the parts of your home and farm that are unclaimed because you didn't put the effort into claiming the whole thing properly, even though you could've very easily bought claim blocks at spawn to do so. Do you see how that line of thinking is a little problematic? Our claim block system is for an added layer of protection, but it does not mean that you can take builds by other players if they are unclaimed. Suppose for example your house was unclaimed, and you decided to take a break from the game (it happens). How would you feel if you came back and your house was gone?

Also, the resource world is a great place to collect resources. I'm not sure what the aversion to going there is, but I think you'll find that your resource collecting needs are quite satisfied by the world.

To clear up any confusion: if you did not build the thing you are looking at, don't touch it. Simple as. Contrary to your belief, the survival world is rather large. 15k in each direction and has plenty of room for players to build. Before I unban you, I want to make sure you understand our rules on griefing to prevent any further issues. Do you understand why we don't allow you to take builds made by other players?