• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: ImmyBobbin

Reason for your ban: X-Ray texture pack usage.

Who banned you: uberdeathbunny

Why should you be unbanned: My reason for using x-ray was to acquire gold to make it into golden carrots to breed my horses that I bought, to try and breed the best horses possible, I really really love this server and it is the first one I have come across which you get to talk to friendly people and enjoy yourself, I want to be able to breed my horses quickly to get foal as they are super cute and they grow up. I got bored of mining as I kept falling in holes or being killed by zombies which was really annoying as I lost all my stuff 

Why DO I want to come back: I really love the staff as they are friendly and helpful and the community here are really nice, I would never hack again as I don't want to get banned on a great server as it was the first time I used it 

Thx 

ImmyBobbin

I did not originally bust you for the gold, I found that later after reviewing gold breaks later in the day. It was the x-rayed diamond ore you that lead me to you. I understand that you wish to breed your horses and need gold for that but the last time I checked you didn't need diamonds to do that. If you needed gold it can be found at several shops for as little as 10$ a stack. Because you also went after the diamonds I would like to see multiple sentence answers for each of the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(05-22-2018, 03:45 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: I did not originally bust you for the gold, I found that later after reviewing gold breaks later in the day. It was the x-rayed diamond ore you that lead me to you. I understand that you wish to breed your horses and need gold for that but the last time I checked you didn't need diamonds to do that. If you needed gold it can be found at several shops for as little as 10$ a stack. Because you also went after the diamonds I would like to see multiple sentence answers for each of the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?
It gives me a unfair advantage against other players who try hard to get everything legitimately and It would make them feel angry as they have been trying hard where as I didn't as they want to be able to get stuff and they spend hours doing it where as I spent much less time and got more stuff it would make the feel down hearted and maybe not want to play on the server because of that.

How does X-raying affect other players?
It affects other players by them not being able to find  ores and they are trying to get thing properly and I am cheating to get them quickly to make my game easier a me then feel annoyed at me as people have spent there money and time making a server which I ruined people experiences  on which is annoying for the staff and students owners of the server

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?
It affects the economy by me being able to have lots of diamonds and stuff and they would see someone hacking and feel that they couldn't get all that stuff then quit the server which means this servers economy would start dieing and I would be partly responsible for it

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray? A better way of getting an item is to buy it at the shop or ask someone as they said that they would give me gold as it is quite cheap and but the diamonds after earning my money legit I could go mining a nd spend a while in the mines looking for it

What have you learned from this ban? I have learned never to use x-ray again as it gives me an unfair advantage above my friends and other people who play on this server and I also learned that it means I can't play on a server i love and I can't play with my friends in it who try hard and get stuff properly and don't hack and to respect the rules of the server

Thx

Immybobbin

UberDeathBunny asked for multiple sentences for each question, not only a select few. Additionally, I had found an entire beacon and its base that you had stolen before your ban. Can you explain your actions?
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

(05-22-2018, 08:11 AM)derpedo Wrote: UberDeathBunny asked for multiple sentences for each question, not only a select few. Additionally, I had found an entire beacon and its base that you had stolen before your ban. Can you explain your actions?
I stole the beacon as I forgot it wasn't a raidable server and now after that I feel really be that I ruined that persons game as I feels really annoying to have your base raided, I hate myself for doing it as even if the base isn't claimed the person could still be playing the game and I ruined it or for them and now they probably won't want to play the game again, sorry please give me one more chance as my actions were stupid and I really want to play in this server again without raiding or xray. Because after I left this server I got really badly hacked, and I realised how bad it was to other players on the server as they took everything and killed me constantly, which if I never got banned i wouldn't of experienced how bad it is sorry

Thx
Immybobbin

I

Your appeal has been accepted, though there are some things I need to make you aware of. I have removed all the mined items (iron/gold/diamonds/beacon) that were in your chests, and reset the balances of you and your brother's accounts to $0. Once you log back in, you'll have to return any items still in your inventory to any online staff member to be destroyed.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!