• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xray ban
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft username: Ryan__Stein

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): using x-ray. zero tolerance etc...

Who banned you: DiamondBlockBen

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I dont have xray the closest thing I have to xray is a shader that makes ores glow allowing me to see them from further away. I will attach a photo of what that looks like. all my diamonds have been found by either strip mining before I donated and got fly and then after by flying around caves and mining anything I see. I have mined probably 10-15 diamonds that would be sus and ill gotten, and those I got by flying fast enough to make the world load stutter and allowing me to see the glow.

Why do you want to come back: I mean why would I have donated to then cheat and get banned. I assure you I didn't Xray and if you want me to remove my shader I will. if what I did causes strife or grief amongst other players I apologize but I keep to myself and don't bother anyone and definitely didn't set out to get more diamonds to hurt anyone. if you decide to deny me I understand, but like i said the worst I've done is fly around and gotten some load error diamonds, I haven't been farming for the sake of any nefarious means.

I was surprised as well that someone who had recently donated would risk being banned over the use of x-ray. I'll show you a few examples of what I see and why someone would need x-ray to know those diamond ores are there.

Example 1:
[Image: gSvTFs2.png]
[Image: rF3Tl1d.png]

Example 2:
[Image: V6FCEYS.png]
[Image: RWvKr6G.png]

Example 3:
[Image: tP0XARK.png]
[Image: GqsgqLz.png]

Example 4:
[Image: pU33dxs.png]
[Image: 8jOogUa.png]

Now, you can call it what you want, but a shader that allows you to see ores that aren't exposed is x-ray.

[Image: 2024-09-09-11-29-08.png]here is an image from a singleplayer world, its intended purpose isn't to make the ore visible through the blocks or anything that's just a glitch with rendering when flying around fast in caves if you notice all the ore you show share a 1 pixel corner with open air, that's how I could see them as I was flying around because the glow renders in before the blocks does. like I said I will happily remove the shader as its purely aesthetic to me and wasn't intended to be used to get diamonds. I will go back to strip mining and call it a day if you decide to reverse my appeal. if not I understand and I hope you have a good day.

I don't see any ores glowing from behind blocks, but the shader pack is neither here nor there. Any aid, whether it be a visual glitch, texture pack, etc, that allows you to find unexposed ores is considered x-ray. If you want a successful appeal, you have to abandon the "what I did wasn't technically x-ray" argument.

Once you've said all that you need to say in this appeal, I will share it with the other staff members where, together, we will ultimately decide whether your appeal is approved or denied. I would suggest re-answering all of the appeal questions, but with a different frame of mind. I hope you now understand that what you were doing is considered x-ray and you can approach your appeal knowing that. We need to know that you have a good understanding that what you did was wrong, how it negatively impacts the server and it's players, and we need to be reassured that it won't happen again.