Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ban Appeal for RIPcolton
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: RIPcolton

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Griefing

Who banned you: TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): It was so long ago, I didn't mean to grief I was stuck on a big building in the sky and didn't think and broke blocks to build a bridge to get over water. When I used to play YEARS ago it was never a big deal breaking unclaimed blocks so I didn't know

Why do you want to come back: Because its a fun server and I have history on it

“When I used to play YEARS ago it was never a big deal breaking unclaimed blocks so I didn't know”

I have been thinking about this and my time on the server is now coming up to 5 years. We have always had a no grief policy, claimed or not.
Speaking to other staff members who some have been on the server a lot longer, pre 2019 reset and some back to the beginning. The ruling of “If you did not build it, do not touch it” no grief has always been in place.

Now a new player and a few grief blocks, may receive a verbal or official warning. This could be seen as going easy or not a big deal but grief is grief and is still a big deal. We have claims which offer a level of peace of mind but not all builds are claimed or need to be, maybe the player has not been on for a long time, does not have enough claim blocks or does not choose to claim. These builds are still to be respected and treated as claimed.

I understand you were trying to help another player to get their items back. If they died at a warp that was unsafe, staff would have helped if you had asked. Even other players with fly could have been asked to help if it was a mistake of the player. Like flying into the ground while using an elytra, if you had asked.

Happy to give you another chance if you understand why we have rules in place about grief and would follow these in the future?