• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
REPURPOSED: Star Reset Q&A!
Might be late tonight if the hosting company moves the data right now and staff does the 4-5 hour finish up. Most likely tomorrow.

Server is down in preparation for data move -- can't move data if MC software is running with the files open.

Wait for an update from Star. She is deeply involved in the reset with Frost and other staff. She knows way better than me.
/Rowebot

Im +5 hours so its gunna be tommorow midday for me or are they waiting for the americans to be on? not at early o'clock in usa

Note that the server will come back up whitelisted for at least a few hours if not 5 or 6 or 12 hours while staff finishes up things after the data move. So don't get your hopes up when it comes back up whitelisted. We have changed quite a few things and testing under whitelist will find things to fix for sure -- the only questions are what will we find and how long it will take to fix the critical things.

The other thing to realize, we have been talking about a formal opening with a few hours notice on the forums. If so, that will delay things a bit BUT you will get advanced notice if we do that.
/Rowebot

We'll be making a forums announcement with all kinds of caps and bold and such to announce the re-opening of the server with as much advanced notice as we can give you all.

(07-15-2016, 06:14 AM)Star Wrote: We'll be making a forums announcement with all kinds of caps and bold and such to announce the re-opening of the server with as much advanced notice as we can give you all.

Good to know, cant wait to see new shop.
Just A random guy. 

Myself and Crimson may or may not be on over next few days, that all depends as she's currently in slow labor and expected to give birth soon Smile lol

(07-15-2016, 06:45 AM)ThatDuckSauce Wrote: Myself and Crimson may or may not be on over next few days, that all depends as she's currently in slow labor and expected to give birth soon Smile lol

Awww congratulations!! (Hope it speeds up for her though!) See you soon!

Better than too quick a labor. My brother was born after 30 minutes of labor in the hospital hallway because the nurses did not believe my mother when she said the previous three labors were quick (I was first in under 4 hours).

Hope labor goes well and everyone is healthy. My sister's labors were over 24 hours each -- she did not inherit my mom's spit-out-like-a-watermelon-seed deliveries (my mom's words for it).

God, now you got my wanna-be-a-grandfather-soon-dammit vibes going again. Must not bug my kids, must not bug my kids, must not, must not .... one married and the other next year .... when are you going to have (clamp hand over mouth).
/Rowebot

How is the server doing, should we expect HomeTown to be up in the next day or two?

I think HomeTown going be back up tomorrow.