• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.53 Average
VOTE LINKS/TOP VOTERS
How does someone vote 142 times in one month? There are 4 voting sites, 31 days in the longest months, so 124 votes seems like the max. Even if timezone differences allow you to get an extra day on each end, that would be 33 days times 4 votes is 132 votes. How is 142 even possible?

TEO

(07-12-2017, 07:52 PM)TEO Wrote: How does someone vote 142 times in one month? There are 4 voting sites, 31 days in the longest months, so 124 votes seems like the max. Even if timezone differences allow you to get an extra day on each end, that would be 33 days times 4 votes is 132 votes. How is 142 even possible?

TEO

This is because one of the links allow you to vote every 12 hours meaning you can vote 5 times a day.

So by using your example of 33 days you could get a maximum of 165 votes.

However I don't think that time zones really make any difference as they would be checked by Frost at 12:01am on 1st and 12:00pm on the last day of the month so its still only that set number of days however you work it out. It would only be different if he couldn't check it on time.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

Well aint that convinient as sh*t. I better start checking the links in every 12 hours...
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

(07-12-2017, 09:31 PM)Steasaur Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 07:52 PM)TEO Wrote: How does someone vote 142 times in one month? There are 4 voting sites, 31 days in the longest months, so 124 votes seems like the max. Even if timezone differences allow you to get an extra day on each end, that would be 33 days times 4 votes is 132 votes. How is 142 even possible?

TEO

This is because one of the links allow you to vote every 12 hours meaning you can vote 5 times a day.

So by using your example of 33 days you could get a maximum of 165 votes.

However I don't think that time zones really make any difference as they would be checked by Frost at 12:01am on 1st and 12:00pm on the last day of the month so its still only that set number of days however you work it out. It would only be different if he couldn't check it on time.

Oh, that explains it! I was wondering how your vote total was as high as it is. Thanks for explaining.

OK, so I finished the July with 120+ votes, and a couple of days ago I got a chest with some spawn eggs. Cool! But when I checked, I am still not VIP-1. Not to sound ungrateful, but isn't that still rewarded for being over 115 votes?

TEO

I have a question about the eggs. Are they always the regular ones (elder guardians/parrots) or can we request different eggs? Ghast's and such sound a bit off the road, but simple eggs like pigs or, i don't know, zombies?
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

(08-05-2017, 10:02 PM)TEO Wrote: OK, so I finished the July with 120+ votes, and a couple of days ago I got a chest with some spawn eggs. Cool! But when I checked, I am still not VIP-1. Not to sound ungrateful, but isn't that still rewarded for being over 115 votes?

TEO

Was your username Stoneblood? If so I added the perks to your account, but not the rank itself. Ill go add the rank right now.

Oh,thanks! I didn't try the perks, just looked at my rank with /list.

The rest of the top vote prizes should be delivered in the coming days. Next months prize will be 2 shulker eggs and something else

(08-06-2017, 12:26 PM)frost Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 10:02 PM)TEO Wrote: OK, so I finished the July with 120+ votes, and a couple of days ago I got a chest with some spawn eggs. Cool! But when I checked, I am still not VIP-1. Not to sound ungrateful, but isn't that still rewarded for being over 115 votes?

TEO

Was your username Stoneblood? If so I added the perks to your account, but not the rank itself. Ill go add the rank right now.

I don't mean to be a pest, but does /pet work? According to the donation page, VIP1 includes /pet. But I get "unknown command" when I try it. 

Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this, but it is somewhat related.

Custom chicken, pig, cow, ocelot, sheep, and wolf pets that never die and follows you around. You can wear it, name it, ride it, and even change it's form! Use /pet to enable it!