• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter is around the corner! (and I am not)
It's official. The laptop has died. Its death was so pathetic and pitiful to watch that I'm simply in shock.

There was a lot of hope riding on this laptop. It was my only way to be able to play on the server over easter. Yes, I'll be able to use minechat at home but that's what I've been doing this whole year so far. The thing that hurts the most is that the laptop did it to itself.

During one of those unavoidable windows updates where microsoft decided to replace the "shut down" button with an "update and shut down" button to force you to do it, the laptop crashed. In doing so, it corrupted some vital file on the disc. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the disc may have suffered physical damage from movement during this update (yes, a laptop that is "portable" but takes 3 hit points damage when you move it).

After windows recovery failed to recover the drive, I tried a factory reset. After windows recovery failed to reset the laptop, I stepped it up a notch.

I removed the drive from the laptop and put it inside my computer.

I put some windows 10 installation media on a USB stick and tried to boot using the drive. It went to windows repair. I pulled out the big guns and formatted the disc. The destruction was so complete that some could feel a disturbance in the force, as if 450 gigabytes cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

I repeated the boot. Windows 10 installation media told me "sorry, I can't do anything with this shit" and fucked off.

It was then that I discovered that my USB stick has somehow been corrupted as well, resulting in it being unreadable to every computer i've plugged it into and I can't format it to make it usable again.

I think it's safe to say that the issue with this disk is that it is old, well-used, and crap. The next step for me will likely be buying a new hard disk and trying again. Which means...

*inhale*

I won't be able to play on the server (other than minechat) until June. I may not even be able to then. I may not be back until September.

To say the least, I'm pretty pissed off. With my university for blocking minecraft... MINECRAFT... on their internet "because..... reasons" (CS:GO isn't blocked though is it huh?) and with my laptop hard drive for collapsing so pathetically. There weren't any flames. Not even smoke. Just "oopsie woopsie! Something has gone wrong!" and then having a monumental breakdown that would rival most deathcore bands where it went through all of the stages of grief simultaneously, hit the peak of an existential crisis, and overdosed on ket before collapsing in on itself faster than my self esteem.

At this point I'd like to thank the academy microsoft support for supporting me throughout none of this ordeal and I wish you all a very happy easter with lots of chocolate and minimal guilt for eating it <3 <3 love you all
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

That's a big bummer, would be absolute torture not being able to play.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

Wishing you luck in fixing your computer!! x
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

I wish you could join us sooner pengu, Anyways, I wish you luck with the disc drive and usb, or in any electronics you have -- Anyways, Ill always be around if you need me, Wish you luck,

-Cil
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I remember our chat while you were trying to figure this all out. Sad times Pengu. I hope this can be fixed soon so you're able to play again. Have a good Easter <3
- KatNip