• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BANNED
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: my Minecraft name is skylarwojc. 

Reason for your ban: I was confused and mined diamonds at warp diamonds (greifing).  I  thought  it was a public place to mine.

Who banned you: Meleniebeedot  

Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because the next time I will ask if I can mine at a place if I don't
know if I can mine there. I would like you to unban  me because I will try to not do it again. please unban me
because I learned to not  change other peoples stuff. 

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back to see my friends I made on the server and finish my town.  I also play with my family so I want to play with them on the server. 

-Skylarwojc

ADDDENDUM:  I am Skylar's father and play on the server with her.  Please understand she is 10 and this server is her first experience playing online, we only began allowing her to play online for the last couple weeks.  While she has been banned from the server she has also been grounded from playing Minecraft in any other form as well and it will not be lifted until she is unbanned from the server.  I have also spoken with her about what happened and how to not cause trouble in the future.  I spoke with Jeff about her ban and he advised me to help her with the appeal.  I have made her complete the above appeal with very minimal help from me.

I would also like to add that I have visited /warp diamonds and it is very much a trap.  (as several members pointed out spontaneously when I asked about the space)  It has a sign on the diamond pile but no protection or claim on the space, a new player or child Wink could easily confuse the space with a public farm.  Perhaps staff should add some protection to prevent future issues?

Thank you for your time.  - Walterwoj

Hi Skylar,

Thank you for taking the time to write. It seems to me that you realize the mistake you made and understand that its better to ask next time just to be safe. I'll go ahead and give you another chance.

-melaniebeedot

ADDENDUM: Yes, /warp diamonds was built and left unprotected for the purposes of a grief trap. There are several on the server, but our rules clearly state that you should not touch what does not belong to you, and the sign at the warp is a reminder of that rule. The reason we have these honeypots is very simple: to help us identify and eliminate griefers that would otherwise go on to grief or steal from other players' bases, and roll back other grief they've already caused before the victims even know they've been griefed.

Thank you!