• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Ban Appeal- 

21th May 2023

Server you were banned on: HomeTownSMP

Minecraft name: Tyepie

Reason for your ban: Xray/Grief of claimed or named warps

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why should you be unbanned: It was only recently after being asked back by a good friend to help with a project that I even remembered I was banned. It has been almost two years and over that time span I have grown and learned not just from this mistake but just on how to be a better person in general. I understand what I did not only made the game a nightmare for some players as the griefing must’ve been a pain to clean up. I also understand the massive consequences xraying can have as injecting that many resources into the economy can ruin the experience for players who mine their resources legitimately. 

Why do you want to come back: I’ve been asked back by a friend to help on a seriously big project, I was a player who ran a small town, had an official warp, and a player who prior to cheating had contributed to the server. I simply wish to continue contributing to the server, and to make amends for my mistakes. I believe I have become a better person who has grown and learned. I also believe that I have had sufficient time to think about my mistakes. So with everything in mind I would like to kindly ask the staff of HomeTown SMP to repeal my ban.

Thank you for your time,

Tyepie

Typically in replies to ban appeals I first reply to the appeal itself and then add my own commentary. Personally, I thought your appeal was a bit generic, so there's not much I can reply to in it directly. 

Moving on, I'm going to address a few things. Along with them will be questions. The expectation is that you answer the questions in a thorough manner. While I won't enforce any strict measures on this, take a look back at some of the x-ray ban appeals from players in the past to get an idea of what's expected of you. 

1. The grief you did was indeed a pain to clean up. All the warps you griefed were mine and were public farms. So here's a question for you: Why grief a variety of public farms meaninglessly? It's not like the grief was for a rare block, or to tear it down. You were clearly just being a nuisance.
2. You mentioned in your appeal that you understand the consequences x-raying can have on an economy. What are they, and why do we disallow x-raying? 
3. Regarding your xraying - you spent time making covering up the x-ray to make it seem like nothing was wrong. What was your goal with doing this?
4. You were a player here for about 1.5 years before you got banned. What was your motivation for xraying?

Ban Appeal Response-

22th May 2023

1. The grief you did was indeed a pain to clean up. All the warps you griefed were mine and were public farms. So here's a question for you: Why grief a variety of public farms meaninglessly? It's not like the grief was for a rare block, or to tear it down. You were clearly just being a nuisance.

I remember that I simply did it because I was annoyed that I had gotten caught which was why they were all your farms. Again this is another really immature thing I did back then that was extremely childish and was done for no reason besides me being upset because I got caught doing something wrong. Considering I was VERY much in the wrong I had no right doing this. I personally apologize to you considering how targeted it was and how much of a pain it must’ve been to fix. I know the apology is late but I felt like I still owed it to you.

2. You mentioned in your appeal that you understand the consequences x-raying can have on an economy. What are they, and why do we disallow x-raying?

Well there can be many consequences to the economy such as having a large amount of diamonds sold to a vendor and draining their pockets dry, or perhaps using all that money to buy out shops of items which ruins the experience for other players. The reasons why xraying is unallowed is because of one the aforementioned economic consequences and two because it gives a player an unfair advantage in the server.

3. Regarding your xraying - you spent time making covering up the x-ray to make it seem like nothing was wrong. What was your goal with doing this?

I believe the goal for me was to gather money to keep up with the other players within my circle as they were getting rich and old me was immature and wanted to keep up no matter the consequences. Looking back it’s probably the dumbest reason to do this and my attempt to cover it up was probably to save my pride more than anything even though I knew staff could check and still catch it.

4. You were a player here for about 1.5 years before you got banned. What was your motivation for xraying?
Again the reason was really stupid and was me being immature and simply wanting to keep up with my friends. I personally feel incredibly dumb for that being my reason cause it was not worth it and wasn’t even necessary, it was simply just to keep my ego up.

So, question:
I banned you minutes after I found your X-ray, and you had been offline for nearly two hours prior to that. It was in that time period right before you logged out that you griefed my warps as well.
With that said, how could your grief have been in retaliation when I banned you immediately after finding your X-ray? I’m not near the computer with the chat log of that day atm, but I have 0 recollection or screenshots of us having a conversation.

Ban Appeal Reply 

5/23/2023

If I had to be completely honest I may be remembering the events wrong considering this was almost two years ago, perhaps I got fed up over something else at the time. All I know is considering all the warps were yours I can tell it was clearly targeted by me back then. Perhaps my motivations were different from what I thought, still doesn't change the fact that I was in the wrong and still shouldn't have ever done it. Again I apologize because it was completely undeserved and unjustified. I should also apologize for misremembering the events cause it's made this process more complicated for you so sorry about that as well.

Very well. You have been unbanned. As is customary with x-ray bans, your balance has been reset to 0, and all diamond/netherite materials you have will be confiscated and destroyed.

Welcome back to HomeTown.