• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Abusive Staff (Lexachu, Viloceraptor)
(08-18-2016, 11:51 PM)Landline Wrote: If I could make a suggestion...

FruitsAndVeggies is demonstrating classic Autism Spectrum Disorder symptoms, probably along the lines of Asperger's Syndrome.  

From WebMD:

------------
"They start early in life. If you're a mom or dad of a kid who has it, you may notice that he can't make eye contact. You may also find that your child seems awkward in social situations and doesn't know what to say or how to respond when someone talks to him.

"He may miss social cues that are obvious to other folks, like body language or the expressions on people's faces. For instance, he may not realize that when somebody crosses his arms and scowls, he's angry.

"Another sign is that your child may show few emotions. He may not smile when he's happy or laugh at a joke. Or he may speak in a flat, robotic kind of way.

"If your child has the condition, he may talk about himself most of the time and zero in with a lot of intensity on a single subject, like rocks or football stats. And he might repeat himself a lot, especially on a topic that he's interested in. He might also do the same movements over and over.

"He also may dislike change. For instance, he may eat the same food for breakfast every day or have trouble moving from one class to another during the school day."
--------
Only reason I know this is because I"m raising a kid with similar issues.  Continuing to try and discuss this issue with him (her?) will only serve to aggravate the problem.  It would be wise for FruitsAndVeggies to consider being evaluated for ASDs.  A diagnosis could lead to better grades in school, and a better social life, once the correct medicine and training is applied.
Some predicament you have here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abusive Staff (Lexachu, Viloceraptor) - by Nether_Ruler - 08-19-2016, 01:39 AM