The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering building a large shop (feedback/questions)
A user and I were discussing about shops the other day, and the most popular ones, and it got me thinking that I wanted to make a large shop for my next build (a shop where one could purchase everything you can think of - not just the most common blocks or items. That means a big gardening section with every type of flower, all the grass and leaf types, vines, etc. - a thorough selection, you get the idea, and this idea would expand to each and every item type). Building wouldn't be such a problem, I have the time, resources, and spot, and I'd build simply so as to keep lag to a minimum, which would be necessary for such a large store. But I have a few concerns about certain items and stocking the store.

Problem 1 is that I've noticed other users, even with popular stores, have trouble stocking a few certain items, such as quartz blocks and glowstone. I can't fly, and I only have 2 homes, which means that I essentially cannot effectively use the res world, as I can't set homes there (need them for in progress builds) and I can't move around effectively to find the biomes I need. It would take me a long time to reach an unraided part of the Nether. I never realized until recently just how game-changing it is, economy and resource-gathering wise, to be able to fly. I can't do it, so I don't think there's any way I could stock blocks like this.

Problem 2 would be the fact that I am unwilling to buy certain items, based on trends I've noticed. One example is diamonds - I have never once bought a diamond from any player's store, and I can't see why anyone would do so. Just making one pickaxe would add up to 150 dollars because of the server shop's set price, and I've made the cost assessment - buying diamonds from any player store would be a massive waste of money because of the ease of going and finding even just one yourself. For those of you who have shops, do your diamonds even sell? I can't really understand how they would. There are other such items, too, namely anything in the server shop that can be sold - especially redstone blocks, iron blocks, gold blocks, etc.

One proposed solution I have to both of these problems is that I build the store, stocking the items like flowers, rails, dyes, etc. (the items I could gather or craft myself) in my own sell chests and let somebody else place signs on and sell in the nether quartz, glowstone, etc. chests. Another option is, I could build the store and then sell it to somebody.

Messages In This Thread
Considering building a large shop (feedback/questions) - by SHAD0WC0BRA - 04-12-2017, 05:13 AM