• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite "Classic" Horror Film?
I have a terrible confession to make: I've never been that big a fan of the true classics, i.e., Bela Lugosi and company.  I recognize their cultural significance.  I've just been spoiled by modern production values.

As far of remakes of the monster greats, I think I liked Coppola's 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula best.

I'd say my favorite 'modern classics' would be Aliens, a couple of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, and Shaun of the Dead.  And I second Gecko on The Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as what I think of as its companion piece, The Corpse Bride.

I've got a soft spot for a few less well-known flicks, too: Deep Blue Sea (1999,) Event Horizon (1997) and Leviathan (1989.)  ETA: Oh, and also Species (1995.)

I'm almost tempted to count Titanic.  I mean, a giant ship goes down in icy water in the middle of nowhere as a psychopath runs around shooting at people over a girl and a diamond, hundreds of floating corpses blanketing the water as far as the eye can see, one of the leads winds up freezing solid and sinking to the bottom of the ocean...pretty damn horrifying, when you think about it.

ETA2:  How the hell did I forget The Mummy (1999??)

Messages In This Thread
Favorite "Classic" Horror Film? - by Naut - 10-27-2017, 02:48 AM
RE: Favorite "Classic" Horror Film? - by Oshakai - 10-27-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: Favorite "Classic" Horror Film? - by miumiaou - 10-27-2017, 12:21 PM
RE: Favorite "Classic" Horror Film? - by AmbularD - 11-01-2017, 12:19 AM
RE: Favorite "Classic" Horror Film? - by shisuan - 11-02-2017, 01:36 PM