• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo, WTF?
I too work grocery, in the produce area and we get a fair amount of the customer WTF moments like people misunderstanding sales signs then getting upset over the price, and my personal favorite: a person standing in front of the product they are looking for then asking you to help them find it. I had a moment some months back when a customer, standing in front of the grapes, during our morning rush, ask me "where are the grapes?" My response was to take her by the shoulder and turn her to face the table followed by "right here, ma'am."

However, our best WTF moments come from morning delivery from the warehouse. Part of my morning duties include using the fork lift to off load the refrigeration truck which houses supplies like produce, dairy, and meats. On more than one occasion we have opened the truck and just stood, gawking in dumbfounded awe at the way a load has been shipped. Milk comes on a pallet that stands about five and a half foot tall (1.6m). Our truck door is just short of 7ft (2.1m) with the trailer ceiling at 8ft (2.4m). Often we find a pallet of potatoes, which out weight the milk, stacked on top of the milk and scraping the ceiling. The question often is how did they get it on there as our fork lift has a guard on the forks to prevent loads falling back onto the driver. The guard is tall enough that we cannot get the forks into the pallet of potatoes w/o punching a hole in the ceiling of the trailer, nor can we lift the potatoes off the milk if we did get into it because of the ceiling. The height difference between the ceiling and the trailer door also makes it impossible to simply drag the stack off the truck. Mind you this is not a rare occurrence, it happens nearly weekly and usually results in someone having to climb the pallets and off load the top one by hand, passing 50lb (22.6k) bags down to a person below. E-mails sent to the warehouse on this issue have so far (3yrs worth now) gone unanswered.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Messages In This Thread
Yo, WTF? - by Grimm_Wolfe - 11-07-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by TheNamesGames - 11-07-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by The_4thdoctor - 11-07-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by TheFabNova - 11-07-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by Rayvenz - 11-08-2017, 03:42 AM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by Jttiger21 - 11-08-2017, 08:46 PM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by Geckorian - 11-14-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by TheFabNova - 12-12-2017, 04:16 AM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by Penguin - 12-12-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by TheNamesGames - 12-12-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: Yo, WTF? - by Penguin - 12-12-2017, 06:52 PM