• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules for claiming, grief, releasing claims
Since we're talking a hypothetical new server, there's no real reason claim blocks have to be as limited or expensive as they currently are on HT, or tied to voting, or cost anything at all really. Staff could devise any means for distributing them they see fit (subject to technical limitations; I'm not sure how the plugin works, but a casual Googling suggests it looks pretty customizable.) You could automatically get so many free claim blocks per login, a standard allotment to use from day one that could only be added to on occasion, or players could apply to staff for claim blocks on a per-build basis, or any number of other arrangements.

I think I'd go with eighteen months to expiration rather than a year, just to be on the safe side. Maybe make it shorter for banned players.

I've also thought on occasion that there should be some sort of 'eminent domain' provision for public-resource type builds. If the destruction of a build would constitute a significant loss to the community, the server staff ought to be able to take over management in the event its owner fails to log on until their claim blocks are in danger of expiring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rules for claiming, grief, releasing claims - by AmbularD - 05-16-2018, 02:33 AM