• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal SirLemonade
(02-21-2016, 12:05 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: For starters, this issue has been resolved–no further staff input will be required.

I made a mistake, and the totality of the circumstances led this situation down a rather unfortunate path leading to SirLemonade being wrongfully banned, which I take full responsibility for and I formally apologize.

SirLemonde inquired about rules regarding theft on the server, and I decided to give a brief investigation that turned up that SirLemonade had taken 25 potatoes from a chest that was evidently not theirs via CoreProtect.  During the time SirLemonade was put into a holding cell pending further investigation, I was asked irl to help unload a few groceries and ended up having to chat with a relative for a brief moment.  Upon return, I saw SirLemonade's comment about my aptitude as a staff-member being brought into question and I lost my patience.  I banned the account.

I decided to give some credence into SirLemonade's claims about putting the potatoes in question back even though CoreProtect detected solely a removal.  Upon teleporting to the chest's location, I realized there was a hopper attached to it.  When I looked into the chest there were 49 potatoes present, which–when right-clicked–produced a stack of 25 potatoes.  The same amount "stolen".  I realized that SirLemonade had returned the potatoes via the hopper rather than the chest itself.  I unbanned and unjailed the account, and gave SirLemonade an apology for my hasty actions in-game.

Thanks for understanding
And i am glad you fairly investigated the matter and unbanned/unjailed me even though you hadn't even read my appeal!
You are a good admin Smile

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal SirLemonade - by SirLemonade - 02-20-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: Ban Appeal SirLemonade - by Grimm_Wolfe - 02-21-2016, 12:05 AM
RE: Ban Appeal SirLemonade - by SirLemonade - 02-21-2016, 12:44 AM