• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal, X-Ray
(08-08-2018, 03:55 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: Please answer the following questions:

Why is X-raying bad?
X-raying gives me a completely unfair advantage over the other players by showing me the location of materials and resources. it allows me to gain resources such as Diamonds, Lapis, Iron and Gold much faster than those who don't use X-ray. X-ray's are also capable of showing the locations of procedurally generated structures such as; Dungeons, Strongholds, Ravines and Mineshafts.
X-raying also ruins the adventure/exploring aspect of the game, It makes the game boring and repetetive as you'll be able to find diamond upon diamond.

How does X-raying affect other players?
Since the X-rayer is able to acquire more resources easier, It leaves less resources for other players to find.
making it that the other players cannot make progress as fast as they would if they could indeed get to those resources.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?
By gaining a great amount of diamonds very quickly and selling them, I throw the economy off balance since there is suddenly a great increase in diamonds on the market, also It greatly increases my balance. allowing me to buy more stuff than I originally could.

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
Farming - Making a farm that produces alot of resources which you can sell.
Strip Mining - This involves digging multiple long tunnels that are parallel to eachother.
Trading - Trading with other players or villagers.
Voting and using the slot tokens if the item you want is in the slots.

What have you learned from this ban?
I have learned that downloading and installing a resource pack that gives me an unfair advantage is bad, and puts me at risk for a well deserved ban. If I ever think of cheating again I will definitly remember this moment/ban.
I am deeply sorry for causing this trouble for the staff and the rest of the server. I will not attempt to cheat in any way anymore.

I apolagize for being unaware of the unwanted activities going on on my account, I have purchased a seperate account for my brother so that he can now play on his own account. Ill make it my responsibility to make sure that he won't cheat on that either, and that his minecraft folders will stay clean of any cheats, hacks or other unwanted software.

Again, I'm sorry for the unwanted problems and thank you for taking your time to read this.

-TrueSpace

Messages In This Thread
Ban appeal, X-Ray - by TrueSpace - 08-08-2018, 02:39 AM
RE: Ban appeal, X-Ray - by UberDeathBunny - 08-08-2018, 03:55 PM
RE: Ban appeal, X-Ray - by TrueSpace - 08-08-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: Ban appeal, X-Ray - by UberDeathBunny - 08-08-2018, 07:43 PM
RE: Ban appeal, X-Ray - by TrueSpace - 08-08-2018, 09:26 PM