The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: SophiaIsWeird

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): The message when I was afk and about to play again was "You have been banned for Using x-ray. ..."

Who banned you: "DiamondBlockBen"

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I have lots of resource packs on my client, like making the ores glow, returning the former background music back, and some other accessibility-related packs that don't allow me to cheat or "x-ray".  I also have Optifine.  I have been on this server for a few years now, on and off, but still for a while, and I understand how frustrating it can be when others cheat (I've ran a few servers in the past and had some annoying people online that I had to ban myself.  I have never used x-ray, but I have experimented around with a lot of other random packs on my client before, but not x-ray or other cheating related ones.  I have recently (as in yesterday or so) installed a pack that would make my ores glow while mining (so I wouldn't have to carry around a torch all the time), but that's about it.  I am a bit scared/anxious, and I feel really bad because I have never gotten banned on any servers before.  I also am not sure if it's related to some money and crap that some random user gave me a few years back before he got banned (I think it was some diamonds and iron and whatnot, but not sure as it's been a while).  I am also worried that one of my resource packs may have somehow triggered the ban even though none of them are used for cheating.  I am willing to go through and disable each and every one of my resource packs while I play on this server to decrease the chance of future bans, just in case.  

Why do you want to come back: Spending time on this server, especially during the past couple of days, has helped my mood a lot (I have severe anxiety/autism, and often need some "place" to wind down, even if it's playing MC), and I really enjoy how this server is not a super "busy" server (a small but still active amount of people is amazing), yet still has so much to explore.  I really love the work that the team has put into creating it all, and how the people are very laid-back and friendly.  I've never seen a server so relaxing to be in, and I would really love to come back and continue building my home, making new friends, and exploring more of the server and the elaborately-made structures in it.  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by SophiaIsWeird - 11-26-2023, 09:51 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by DiamondBlockBen - 11-27-2023, 02:18 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by SophiaIsWeird - 11-27-2023, 09:07 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by DiamondBlockBen - 11-29-2023, 08:10 AM