• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with technical issues (resolved!)
I fully agree with Saiyaka and Shisuan.

There is also another problem that can happen and that is you can find you have multiple Java versions installed. These can clash with each other.

To be honest it does seem like the situation that could be resolved by totally removing the .minecraft directory/folder and reinstalling minecraft as in Saiyaka's post.

To be complete though I would visit: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/rem...rsions.xml
Here you will see a statement:-Uninstalling older versions of Java from your system ensures that Java applications will run with the latest security and performance improvements on your system.

This by its very description of performance improvements to me seems to indicate that older code could be used with the newer code and make a mess in some cases.

To make sure that older versions of Java have been removed, I would visit: https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp

If there are older versions on your system the uninstall tool application will find them and help you uninstall them.

As I said above, Sai's suggestion of deleting the .minecraft directory is very likely to fix your problem, however I would just for a good clean install of minecraft check for older versions of Java. That way you can be sure everything is good with Java before installing minecraft.

I hope this helps and good luck. Hope to see you back online soon.
CleeWarrior / CleeHawk
Confused  ** No my build has not been griefed, that's my build style ** Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help with technical issues - by Saiyaka - 02-19-2017, 04:29 AM
RE: Need help with technical issues - by shisuan - 02-19-2017, 10:28 PM
RE: Need help with technical issues - by CleeWarrior - 02-20-2017, 05:08 PM
RE: Need help with technical issues - by Susiron - 03-01-2017, 11:26 AM