The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fighters of HomeTown
Heyo, denizens of HomeTown.  This will be a re-make of a thread from our old forums before they were purged by hackers.

I got into two separate conversations about martial arts on the server recently, so I wanted to see who all has a martial arts background or combative training.  Basically, if you can fight–please–tell us about it.  Be thorough, too.  This includes empty-handed or armed training.  Even if you haven't done any kind of training yet but you have the desire to start, talk about why it interests you.  Also–of course–keep it civil and free from politics, please.

Martial Arts:
I took Tae Kwon Do as a child, which is a Korean martial art focused on kicks.  I got to a green belt before my instructors had to move shop.  I still recall some of it, not much.

I picked up fencing in my preteens for a year, then I picked it back up in college a two-year period.  I even helped re-found the fencing club and became the president of it for a brief time.  It got dissolved due to a lacking interest and its members graduating.

I have been studying Judo since autumn 2014.  Judo is a Japanese martial art focused on grappling.  To sum it up in one sentence: you throw people to the ground, hold them there, and break their joints or choke them out; strikes are prohibited.  I help teach the class now as an assistant to my instructor, which means I'm the designated ragdoll to be demonstrated on.

Formal Combative Training:
I participated in the Krav Maga community for a 6-month period to learn strikes back in 2015.  It's pretty much just mixed martial arts without the rules with roots from Israel.  I figured it would be useful to know strikes in conjunction with Judo if I had to fight someone.

Informal Combative Training:
I've learned to shoot pistols, shotguns, and rifles since I was 12.  I did learn to use bows as a kid but I'm not good with them.  I would like to take a few shooting classes, such as long-range marksmanship or force-on-force training for shits and giggles.

Future Interests:
I would not mind picking up Kali, which is both an unarmed and armed Filipino martial art.  My dad is an immigrant from the Philippines, so it would be cool to learn to fight with knives, batons, and improvised weapons.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Messages In This Thread
Fighters of HomeTown - by Grimm_Wolfe - 04-21-2017, 06:16 AM
RE: Fighters of HomeTown - by _Minigunner_ - 04-21-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: Fighters of HomeTown - by Nether_Ruler - 04-21-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Fighters of HomeTown - by Grimm_Wolfe - 04-22-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: Fighters of HomeTown - by Patty - 04-21-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: Fighters of HomeTown - by miumiaou - 04-21-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: Fighters of HomeTown - by frost - 04-21-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Fighters of HomeTown - by _Poke__ - 04-22-2017, 03:38 AM