• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welp I Digity Darn Fudged Up
(01-23-2018, 08:45 AM)Star Wrote: No, I don't want to ban you from discord, I just wanted to clear that up so if you're unbanned it'll already be addressed and taken care of, so it shouldn't cause further issues. As for the x-ray, please answer the following questions with a paragraph each. If you answer each sufficiently, I'll unban you, however I'll have to reset your balance to $0 (the diamond items were already removed and destroyed, so you're all set there).

-Why is x-raying bad?
-How does it hurt the community?
-What are you doing to take away from this ban/what have you learned?

Alright, I agree with your punishment. 

Why Is Xraying Bad?
X raying is bad for many reasons. But The main thing is it gives the player using it the advantage  of knowing exactly where any ore is. Also, it is unfair to everybody else that it took 1 hour to find 10 diamonds compared to  5 diamonds a minute. Also since the grind is not as hard, people typically won't stay on the server as long as they would without x-ray. 

How Does It Hurt The Community?
XRaying hurts the community because if people were to mine a bunch of ores like diamonds, and decides they want to sell them at a shop, it creates a big influx in the community. (Specifically Economy) This hurts the economy because people will be wrongfully losing their hometown money, because when staff figures out they have the diamonds now, they're gonna take it from them and lose their money. So overall, it might help one person with xray but eventually it helps nobody. Which in the long run is bad news for everybody.

What Are You Doing To Take Away  From This Ban /What Have You Learned?
To take away from this ban, I have deleted the resource pack that I used to XRay, and I won't be as selfish next time.I have learned that there are no shortcuts in mining because of all the things that can affect the community when XRaying. I have also learned that xraying is an extremely wrong practice in the minecraft community. To add-on to the fact that there are no shortcuts in mining, there also seems to be more joy when you go strip mining with your friends and having fun rather then just finding the ores you want immediately.

Messages In This Thread
Welp I Digity Darn Fudged Up - by JayFee - 01-19-2018, 04:13 AM
RE: Welp I Fudged Up - by Star - 01-20-2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Welp I Fudged Up - by JayFee - 01-20-2018, 09:17 PM
RE: Welp I Fudged Up - by Star - 01-22-2018, 08:24 PM
RE: Welp I Fudged Up - by JayFee - 01-22-2018, 11:06 PM
RE: Welp I Digity Darn Fudged Up - by Star - 01-23-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: Welp I Digity Darn Fudged Up - by JayFee - 01-23-2018, 09:26 AM
RE: Welp I Digity Darn Fudged Up - by Star - 01-23-2018, 08:11 PM