The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules for claiming, grief, releasing claims
This is not really a suggestion for Hometown, because the rules are well established and people seem pretty happy with them. So this is more a hypothetical if one were to setup a new server.

It seems like staff spends a lot of time dealing with theft and grief issues, and I think that is because you can claim an area by building, but your builds aren't safe unless you use claim blocks.

It is also sad to see partial builds that have been abandoned for over a year. They can't be demolished, and they can't even be added on to or completed without being called a griefer.

So, for this hypothetical server, what if:

1. Builds are only secured by claim blocks.
  2. Anything built outside of a claim block can be added to, modified, or even destroyed by anyone without consequence.
  3. Claim blocks expire 1 year after the player's last login, rendering their builds available for others to plunder or claim for themselves. Or maybe the claim reverts to the server and is then auctioned off? 
It seems like this would make administering the server easier,  would allow players to clear out noob huts interfering with their builds, would allow players to complete abandoned structures. The biggest problem I see is the difficulty of securing large areas for epic builds because of the number of claim blocks required. But the player can vote until they have enough blocks, or perhaps purchase them from a shop.

Is this workable, or is there some disadvantage I am missing?

TEO

Messages In This Thread
Rules for claiming, grief, releasing claims - by TEO - 05-15-2018, 12:53 AM