The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Do you agree with me view on the automated messages and announcements?
Agree
Disagree
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to chat and messages
Hey!

I'm a player on the server for a couple of weeks now, and I noticed that the automated messages are quite frequent.
I decided to create this thread because of these automated messages. For me, and I think it's not only my opinion, they are being sent way too often, taking focus off of the chat.
  • The message for guest would be better off limited to those who are guests, and not to be displayed to higher rank members.
  • The message about voting, and getting the money, and the slot token should be displayed personally instead of broadcasted to the public chat. (this could be easilt done with the "/m [name] [message]" command, I imagine you can customize how it displays message)
  • The message with "Votes earn you $$" would be better less frequently, like the "We have a community forum" and "Want awesome new commands".
Also I have 1 more thing which I think would improve the server, if the TAB list would show the ranks of the people on it.

If you agree or disagree with the points above, please leave your vote.

Messages In This Thread
Changes to chat and messages - by DAv7 - 11-06-2018, 09:26 PM
RE: Changes to chat and messages - by Cjweasley - 11-13-2018, 09:18 AM
RE: Changes to chat and messages - by Cil - 11-13-2018, 09:48 AM