The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove or Modify the recently added Anti-Xray plugin
Star 
There is a new plugin to impede X-Rayers that has been implemented recently. It is however, my opinon and conclusion that this plugin was not implemented correctly and at it's current state is impeding mining on the server.

Haste II Mining
When breaking stone this plugin generates fake ores when new blocks become uncovered. This requires both client and server to use extra resources to process what is happening, and can result in terrible performance client-side; FPS drops immediately and repetitively. Along with the game slowing from normal performance this plugin also slows the human player because the false-ores are a disturbance to our concentration and decision making.
From what I've mined through, it's nearly unplayable.

If you are blessed to have a good computer, then you'll likely be mining down a tunnel and think you've just uncovered some diamonds, only for them to disappear in an instant leaving you confused and honestly feeling upset and tricked - over and over again.

All of this makes me not want to mine, and I know there are other people who feel similar - that this ruins a vanilla aspect of gameplay. What happens over time if no one wants to mine, will beacons retain their worth, will people endeavour mining at a snail's pace, will vaults of minerals be opened to disperse among the players who require it?
...or will something change?

I urge both players and staff to think hard about the impacts this plugin is having and maybe investigate making configuration changes if at all possible, or in my eyes what is the best solution - letting people mine unobstructed; maintaining a Zero-tolerance xray policy...maybe increasing the punishments for Xraying...?

Messages In This Thread
Remove or Modify the recently added Anti-Xray plugin - by SnDxCH4RG3R - 12-28-2018, 01:49 AM