The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Ray Ban Appeal - The_Muffin_Man_
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: The_Muffin_Man_

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: RTY/melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: Okay, I am in a difficult position so I will try my best to reconcile it by being 100% up front and honest. I am not trying to avoid taking responsibility, I am not trying to weasel my way out of anything, I just want to explain myself so hopefully things can be worked out. I realize how dumb this may sound and how it may sound like I'm simply lying,but I was not x-raying. I realize that this is what all x-rayers say but I legitimately was not x-raying. Firstly, I would like to say that I acknowledge how x-raying is awful. It is a cheat that seriously ruins SMP servers like hometown and never in a thousand years would I succumb to using it. It isn't fair to those who earn money legitimately and it can easily ruin server economies. I 100% do not condone its usage and think it is a cheap and dirty hack to use. In realizing that it is hard defend myself in saying that I wasn't using it, I will try my best to be honest at every turn and try to explain my behavior. I'll start from the beginning. I had just started playing on the server again and was advised that the quickest way to earn money was by mining. I had earned about a thousand dollars by selling items from the drop party and thus quickly invested in a god pick and devoted myself to mining. At least initially, I was mining with XRenaissance who I bet could also testify that I was mining in my legitimate fashion. My mining style is odd, but I believe I have perfected it after years of play. I /wild, dig about either in zig zags or straight strips (I also hope to find caves or ravines to make it easier). Then, every so often, I dig perpendicular to my tunnel from my position as far as my reach allows because I believe that allows me to uncover some ores that are hiding from my 1 block tunnel or Cave limited point of view and this sometimes works, but it oftentimes does not as well. I'm sure evidence will show that I dig these off-shoot tunnels and find nothing but cobblestone many times. I will say this, over the last couple of days my mining efforts have been more lucky than I could've hoped and sometimes I would dig a tunnel and soon find diamond and I would literally think "Oh my lord, they're gonna think I'm x-raying" and sometimes I almost even said this in chat but decided against it because it might needlessly incriminate myself. In general, I believe that my odd mining style (which I would be glad to elaborate more on) in combination with a decent amount of luck (even though there were stretches where I found nothing but cobble) attributed to what may seem like x-ray. I even dreaded this combination when I was mining but figured I was being paranoid. I realize that this combination of factors may clearly seem like an x-rayer trying to cover for himself, and there's not much I can do against this. I am trying to be as thorough and honest as possible and I will cooperate with all future inquiry too, but you must believe me I was not x-raying. Another thing is that I would always bring plenty of torches with me and keep my mining well-lit. This may be wrong but I think x-rayers do not need to use torches. There was one time I was mining a tunnel in the dark with my screen brightness on max and my face pushed closer to the screen because I was too lazy to grab more torches but in general I always use torches. There also must be evidence of me /wild'ing to places, digging straight down and then digging some short tunnels only to find nothing and then /wild'ing to another location to try my luck again. I could be wrong but I don't think x-rayers do this. With my luck, came many periods of the worst luck, where I just mined basic ores and cobble for a while, hopefully this shows and at least slightly bolsters my case. I apologize for the lengthy appeal I just really am trying to show all the evidence that might even slightly suggest that I was not x-raying. I wish I had more evidence than logic, but I will keep trying. I literally dreaded that this might happen whenever I found diamonds quickly so maybe I should've taken some screenshots or something. You can ask XRenaissance and I bet he would be able to testify that there were times when I couldn't find a dang thing and how I mined a straight tunnel for who knows how long. I can't do much but promise you that I was not using x-ray, and hope that this lengthy, thorough appeal gives that notion credit. If I was x-raying I would have simply owned up to it and pledged to do better, but I really was not using x-ray hacks. If you would like more explanation I would gladly give it to you, I realize my situation and will do almost anything to reconcile it but I really think this is a misunderstanding. I spent hours mining, in my thorough, yet odd, style and had some luck and some misfortune. I was partially with a friend who can hopefully back me up. I used tons of torches in almost all my mining efforts. I would never betray the server that I love and hopefully this degree of explanation reflects that. Using x-ray on a server like this would be an awful thing to do, and I recognize that and would never ever do it. Please believe me. Also, I mined all different types of ores, even though I was targetting diamond, and if I'm not mistaken, most x-rayers seldom pay attention to these other materials, like coal, of which I mined many stacks.

Why do you want to come back: I just began to play hometown again after months of being unable to. I love playing on this server and would never intentionally break the rules. I 100% understand the actions of the staff. I realize how part of my mining efforts may have seemed suspect, and am not mad at them, I simply believe that there is a misunderstanding here. I love the community of a server like this and I was playing with a good friend. I would not have wanted to ruin it by using an awful cheat. I even bought VIP2 because I love the server so much. It truly is a remarkable server and I really want to be a part of it again. I promise I will never use any cheats, and that I never have. They create unfair advantages and honestly ruin the work of many and the general honest vibe of a server like hometown. If I am let back on, I pledge to continue to be straightforward with my affairs and be honest in my play. I was not using x-ray hacks and I would happily explain myself further if it will help let me back on. I love this server and would never jeopardize my connection with it. I realize the weaknesses of my argument but I implore you to recognize my thoroughness and straightforwardness. Please believe me. Thank you for considering me. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to clear my name.

Sincerely,
Muffin

Messages In This Thread
X-Ray Ban Appeal - The_Muffin_Man_ - by The_Muffin_Man_ - 03-19-2020, 07:07 AM