• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Ray Ban Appeal - The_Muffin_Man_
Please listen to me. I have looked at all these pictures and realize how it seems too good to be true. I really just want to play again and if it requires a forced "confession" I can do so but I legitimately was not using x-ray and I realize that this is extremely hard to explain. At this point I'm tempted to "confess" just because I want to play at some point. But I NEED to be honest here and I am NOT making excuses. I am trying to present the facts. I will try to reason each photograph and also point you to more evidence. This will be rather difficult as I do not remember each instance. I honestly don't know how to proceed because I am legitimately telling the truth and the more I write the more hopeless I become. Please try and read the whole thing because I will also endeavor to provide counterexamples along the way. Could I perhaps talk over some sort of voice chat, because I would really like to explain myself as best as I can. For the first image, I can't quite tell what's happening but it shows a couple things. I mine straight down and then branch out, how I usually start. Firstly, if I was x-raying, why wouldn't I just mine from the top right into the ravine to save mining and then mine the diamonds from there? Additionally, you can see from other parts of this ravine that I mine into ravine walls at diamond level frequently, in several places. I take many shots at finding diamonds by off-shoots and am often unlucky. In the least, I would say that that mining straight down and then to the side was luck, and I hate to say it because I feel like that just makes me seem suspicious. I want to provide a little idea: when I make these offshoots my goal is to precisely find diamond. They are short and they are numerous. When one offshoot succeeds it will look like a precise strike toward diamond. But I beg you to look back at all my numerous offshoots that did not find diamond. So when a few offshoots succeed out of many, they will seem lucky but I believe it's partially just bound to happen with repetition. I have a specific instance I remember yesterday morning where I did these exact strategies and found basically nothing. I would dig straight down and then in several directions only to find nothing. There is actually one of these many unsuccesful instances shown of this strategy in photographs 4 (to the right), photograph 6 (twice to the left and twice to the right), and in photograph 7 (3 times to the right). And there are a ton more of these failures in other places if you check my mining history. This happened MANY times, especially during this morning. Please look for these. I employed the same strategies as in these photographs and found NOTHING. Here's another strategy of mine: If I found a mineshaft or a cave that is not at diamond level, I like to go to a deadend of a tunnel and dig straight down to diamond level and then do some strips. or I dig through the cave wall if it is on diamond level. Sometimes this works as shown in photograph 6 and 4 but there were many times yesterday morning and that night where that strategy was unsuccesful. Also, for the most part, my diamond digging ends at level y=11 (common diamond level) and I hardly ever go beyond this level, which I believe x-rayers would not hold as a boundary, they would just go wherever diamonds are. I believe that photographs 1 and 5 are explained broadly by my basic strategy to mine straight down and branch out or to mine through many sections of the walls in ravines. I recognize that in these instances I was rather lucky but even other sections of these photos as well as many other instances that you can check show me doing this exact same strategy to no avail. I believe photographs 2,4, 6, and 7 are broadly explained by my tendency to do either of these things at a dead end of a mine shaft or cave tunnel: dig straight down if I am not yet at diamond level or strip mine forward if I am at diamond level. I specifically remember many instances of this same strategy in a mine shaft yesterday morning where I employed this same strategy MANY times and found largely nothing. I recognize that it may seem like I am fishing for excuses but I seriously believe these are aspects of my mining strategy that where some successful attempts out of MANY. If I was using x-ray, I would certainly come clean. I realize that has better chances of getting me unbanned, but the reason I don't is because I was legitimately not using x-ray hacks. I know it sounds dumb but please consider that there is a possibility that there are sometimes cases of luck combined with one's mining style and many many attempts that are not cases of x-ray. Please look for the many times on that night and yesterday morning where I largely did these same strategies and didn't do nearly as well. If I was guilty, I would 100% come clean and move on, and I see how the photos look, but I insist that I was not using any ore-finding hacks. You even pointed out that I don't fully understand the tendencies of x-rayers so that might suggest I am not one. I realize these may seem like the desparate excuses of a guilty x-rayer, but I would have no reason to lie nor x-ray in the first place. To me, they seem like someone who knows that they are telling the truth and scrounging for all facts that might suggest to others that they are. I am desparate to play again, but also desparate to be believed. I can go into more detail if you wish, as well. The photograph I have the hardest time trying to explain is Photograph 3. I do not remember this instance well and perhaps this is where I get the luckiest, but I will try my best to convey what my thought process was. On the righthand side, I see what looks like a strip mine, or is maybe a cave. If it is a cave then this is consistent with my tendency to mind to diamond level at deadends in caves. If this is a strip mine, then I must have realized that I was not at diamond level and then in either case proceed to my basic strategy: dig straight down to diamond level and then branch out. It looks like in this case I branched out and found some iron and coal, which I dug in my zig-zag fashion through, and finally found diamond. I realize how it looks, but this is the best way that I can explain it. Please consider these 3 main strategies of mine that even these photos show to be consistent in success as well as failure. I ask one last time that you look for the many times where these exact same strategies are used unsuccessfully. I am not trying to argue with you. If I simply saw these pictures, I would probably assume x-ray as well. But please consider these other factors and that this may be one of the cases where it is simply a mistake. I know how this sounds. If I was guilty, I wouldn't waste my time, or yours, saying any of it. But consider that if I was innocent, simply trying to make sense of the truth, this is what I would say and have said. I hope that any of this can help me at all. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I will talk via a voice chat, I can find any sort of file that may help. I will elaborate more, I will even "confess" if you want me to even though I insist it would not be truthful. In short, I would do anything to get back on this server and hope that these appeals have been a start. Another thing these photos show is my consistent torch usage if that's anything. I apologize if I seem aggressive or dramatic but I genuinely don't know what to do here. I promise that I am telling you the truth as best as I can although at this point I don't know if I have any chance. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Sincerely.
Muffin

Messages In This Thread
RE: X-Ray Ban Appeal - The_Muffin_Man_ - by The_Muffin_Man_ - 03-20-2020, 12:32 AM