• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iiiMonkey Ban Appeal (I know you said no appeal)
(03-22-2020, 10:43 PM)iiMonkey Wrote: So LtBushyBoiRR and I decided to do an experiment because we were trying to test the accuracy of staff (Guardians, Moderators, and Admins) in detecting x-rayers, and because many others who seemed innocent were banned. I'll include screenshots of our discord messages. We formulated a plan to do this, where I would be mining randomly and find ores (ores are surprisingly common, especially gold, redstone, and iron, which are everywhere at y-11, and which I kept finding by chance) while I would D.M. LtBushyBoiRR saying things which would "grab" the attention of staff, because I know they use /socialspy. The things I said did not say anything about x-ray or cheats, just chat like "do you need any ores'' or "I found diamonds!" or "I'm finding a lot of ores." None of these would instantly incriminate someone who isn't using x-ray. It's just friendly chat. Anyways, I started the screen recorder (I cut out the first and last 2 seconds because it showed real names) and did /rtp and began mining. As I usually do, I mined directly to y-11, but just started randomly mining. I zigzagged, mined straight, changed elevations, and mined erratically which proved to be a useful way to obtain ores. I believe I found 45 diamonds (all from chance, and I had fortune III), over a stack of iron (which is extremely common, gold (I don't remember how much, either a stack or more), and blocks and blocks of lapis lazuli and redstone. Lapis and redstone are extremely common and drop excessive quantities of the material when mined, especially with fortune. I compacted these using /compact. The entire mining trip was a little over 33 minutes as seen in my recording, and I did not touch any cheats. I also have accidental screenshots (when I use f3, but on Mac it’s fn+f3 which Is why I make mistakes in this and accidentally use fn+f2). A lot are accidental, but others were from past mining experiences where I wanted to see how effective random mining is, such as when EnragedMallard was banned. It is very effective. I have many many screenshots which I will include (either on forums or discord, whichever you choose) but I do not have any logs of me explaining my innocence when I was jailed by RTY because I needed to get banned in order for the experiment we were conducting to become a success. The experiment was not meant to criticize or imply negative things about staff, but to show that not all people who randomly mine and find ores are x-rayers. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

So I'll be taking over this appeal for RTY after the staff-team allowed me to.  Not only did they allow me to take this appeal, they have allowed me to disclose screenshots from the HT Discord's staff-chat.  You have no idea how we work and it shows, which will end unfortunately for both you and LT.  You see, it starts off with RTY asking for a review from both fellow [Mod]s and [Admin]s, which is very commonplace on the Discord.  (Take note of the time stamps, I live in the CST timezone of the US)
[Image: 7W5dSnk.png]

That request put me on the case as well, and I am very good at detecting x-ray.  I have spent up to an hour reviewing and collecting evidence in some cases.  Upon reviewing the previous discussion about how odd your mining sessions was, there was suspicion that you scripted the whole thing.  Guess what I found.
[Image: zzYYTXd.png]
[Image: vZVI97s.png]
Evidence that would suggest you didn't x-ray, Ender further corroborated this evidence.
[Image: e2gfJ8V.png]
We found evidence to suggest RTY jumped the gun, which would have resulted in your pardon, an apology, and compensation (as I have done before for example: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4913 ) only if we didn't suspect you of also scripting the whole thing.  Legit, RTY was about to unban for the x-ray ban, we stopped him because we needed to make a point, too.  
[Image: PvibahY.png]
I decided to test you one last time, just to be sure.
[Image: gfftMXx.png]
If you had produced an archive of videos showing you mining for review, I would have been content with accepting your innocence on the charges of x-raying and pushed for your unbanning.  However, if you failed to produce any evidence, we would have to accept you scripted the whole thing--we got a step ahead of you this whole appeal.  Now, you've spilled your guts to us, making this very easy.  Congratulations.  In an attempt to ensnare a staff-member in a trap, you've only proved our ban-review system works.  You got cleared of x-raying charges but now you're perma-banned for this rule:  "...do not be annoying"HomeTown Rulebook, 2:A

To close, you wasted our time with this whole facade.  No ban is frivolously handed out and forgotten.  We've all
been reviewing yours since Friday.  Not only that, but you're even trying to make this seem like some altruistic public service--you even got LT banned.  You have a chip on your shoulder, be man enough to own up to it and stop hiding behind your misplaced sense of self-righteousness.

Have a nice life; we know we will without you here.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Messages In This Thread
RE: iiiMonkey Ban Appeal (I know you said no appeal) - by Grimm_Wolfe - 03-23-2020, 01:11 AM