• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un Official Hometown Art Competition Back Again?
(08-31-2020, 01:31 PM)DoxNotch Wrote: Hey Cil! For this contest I understand if you want to keep it wide open to encourage everyone to participate. However, I think that the wide scope of the contest might be what's scaring some people away. I think if you had each round a little more specified into just drawing or just artmaps etc etc the rules would be clearer, and entry wouldn't be so daunting. Like for me personally I haven't understood how my paintings or drawings would be judged against someone else's music. Just food for thought, and good luck with the future rounds!

Thank you for your input Dox! It was very helpful to me in deciding where to go next! 

As said, I now will be changing a rule in this art competition. Each month, A medium will be selected along with a theme. This is to try and narrow the wide daunting task of potentially going against another art medium. For September, the Medium chosen will be 'Painting'. This includes Oil painting, watercolor painting, and Acryllic painting. Any pieces submitted will be judged on Technique, use of Visual Elements and Principles of Design such as Balance, Contrast Color, etc. 

With these new medium specifications to simplify the rules and to make a more fair judging criteria, your piece of whichever you will choose will be judged on specifically Balance, Color, and Contrast. I know that some of you can't really paint with these materials, however in the next coming months, I will most likely more easily accessible mediums as the mediums chosen for the specific month.

Now, for the specific theme of this month, protest, now take it as you will, when you submit your piece to Cil#4800 on Discord feel free to explain how you implemented the theme into your piece so we have better context! I know that with these new specifications it might seem daunting and maybe not fun but please don't feel pressured to participate, etc! Maybe view this as an opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and try a new style? Remember the prize is 15k+ this month with 500 more every entry that comes in! If You have any inquiries about anything please don't feel afraid to ask, it would be wonderful if you would so I can clear up any confusion! Also if you don't mind, please msg me your ign if you would like to participate so I can know who will be submitting! The Ending date is 9/30 11:59pm MST! Your completely welcome to submit before then!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Messages In This Thread
RE: Un Official Hometown Art Competition Back Again? - by Cil - 09-01-2020, 12:22 PM