The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Is Erwin Rommel ( war hero who opposed Hitler from the Wehrmacht, spared POWs and refused to arrest the Jews and the desert fox) offensive?
This poll is closed.
Yes (because I didn't do my research and all Germans in WWII are evil)
0%
0 0%
I'm a child who doesn't know how to make a poll that isn't biased as fuck.
100.00%
102 100.00%
Total 102 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Open letter: longtime issues and concerns.
Greetings all, 
Murphdog2/Minerdeviant here former player and community member of HT SMP.
After a long period of inactivity I believed now would be a good time (after time has passed and any hot blood cooled) to voice my public complaints, grievances and other rants to the public:

I joined HT sometime before I moved over 4 years ago and Found a amazing server that consistently hit on top 10s on several server sites, filled with a active community and friendly staff the server was a perfect fit for most people looking for a SMP bulking experience... but as my time passed I noticed several things that are of have changed

1: censorship was rather concrete at first and allowed for clear enforcement of equality and respect... 
2: lots and I mean LOTS of staff cohesion and a successful system of staff promotion/merit and very checks and balances to provide unbiased enforcement 
3: fun plugins such as vehicles and other such things

Near the end of my time in HT I saw these things change and abandon what I enjoyed most on the server:

1: draconian enforcement of anything the mods disagreed with, even if in semi-private builds (no offense to Uberdeathbunny but I am still salty about the stairs, nothing but respect though) but the harshest came from newer staff with high bleeds into my second issue
2: staff drama began bleeding in, remembering derpedos and that whole debacle, promotion of people based on relationship and ignoring others... ____ being removed from  staff despite not being as inactive as other staff... bt other staff were great (ambulrD and Geckorian come to mind, as well as others who I can't quite remember) 
3: the promise of new vehicles and other such plugins... which as far as I am aware have not been reimplemented while the OTHER server that I shall not name managed it

Lastly personal gripes:
1: the server lost its "mature feel"
2: I got a DM about my image, fight me I'll defend Erwin Rommel as a good guy and I refuse to change
3: 2 map restarts in quick succession
4: somebody got pissed at me for making a iron cross
5: I find _____ really Fukien annoying
6: ya lost a lot of good staff
7: a undersea sea pickle swastika created a 2 page ban appeal after we couldn't find it
8: a staff jumping in got 3 users banned over _____ and litrally involved almost every level of staff because of the drama
9: I personally find this one hilarious, but I managed to build a concentration camp and didn't get in trouble, 3 secret nazi gold reserves and built 3-4 TOG II*s across the map, not a complaint I just thought it was funny
10: if the current ability to purchase ingame currency is still in effect doesn't that break Microsoft policy
11: litrally again somebody complained about my profile pic, if it's still a issue FIGHT ME
12. The server seems full of kids
14: I skipped my 13th complaint 
15 I still think nobody has responded to jackatax s bam appea (he was unbanned but it is funny there was no official response) (it's bearwares post btw)

Sincerely Minerdeviant,
Edgelord supreme, builder of probably racist things, hater of _________
Used X-ray for 3 days and didn't get caught until Uber and deadcore looked, pirate of NES games (bra geck I still have the emulator A M A Z I N G) , exploiter of economies, builder of NSA and JSA and lastly former HT player who got heartbroken by the server

Messages In This Thread
Open letter: longtime issues and concerns. - by murphdog2 - 10-13-2020, 12:03 AM