• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Is Erwin Rommel ( war hero who opposed Hitler from the Wehrmacht, spared POWs and refused to arrest the Jews and the desert fox) offensive?
This poll is closed.
Yes (because I didn't do my research and all Germans in WWII are evil)
0%
0 0%
I'm a child who doesn't know how to make a poll that isn't biased as fuck.
100.00%
102 100.00%
Total 102 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Open letter: longtime issues and concerns.
Yeah nah, I left your biased poll answer up to show how childish the poll was to start with considering it wasn't an actual poll with real answers, it was just you whining to make a point.

As for the iron cross, sure, it was used by other groups, so was the swastika. Guess what else we don't allow on our server.

Finally, while the ban was in relation to the builds as well, as from my perspective you were essentially just bragging abt getting away with it after being told repeatedly to knock off the nazi shit, the primary reason was your incessant bullying of one of our players, culminating in a direct name-drop callout on this post, which I had to edit out. Following which you decided to do so again, earning yourself a permanent ban here as well.

As for your EULA question, directly from Minecraft's page on server monetization: You MAY... "use and sell in-game virtual currencies IF (i) they have no real-world value and that cannot be cashed out, used, or transferred across free or paid servers, or into any other currency with real-world value; (ii) you don't give the impression that it comes from or is associated with Mojang, (iii) they don't look like or have similar names to Minecoins or any other official virtual currency, and (iv) anything you sell with the currency follows our monetization guidelines."

On your note of staff "infighting", there are certainly disagreements here and there but the situation you were talking about did not go the way you seem to think it did, and it is not my place to make comments on a former staff member, they are aware of the reasons behind them not being able to rejoin the team after stepping down, and I am quite certain that that decision did not involve you.

As for your point about Erwin Rommel, regardless of if he was a good guy towards the end of his career, he was a Wehrmacht soldier and supported Hitler's rise to power, but really it's this is just another excuse for you to try offend people and to skirt the rules with "well ackshuallllly" style logic, a good demonstration of the logic that led to us having to give more leeway with staff when it came to policing chat right there.  

Finally as a note to my professionalism here. The staff team as a whole has given you more chances than you rightfully deserved, in large part due to one of the staff members you called out in your post wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt on certain situations, and we took their opinion into consideration. That ended the moment that you decided to throw personal attacks towards our players, as did any modicum of respect I may have had for you. As a result, this is the side of me you get.
Discord: Guy#1507 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter: longtime issues and concerns. - by thatguy3339 - 10-13-2020, 06:25 AM