• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Answers to the questions listed:
1. My understanding of why there are player appeals is to see if players will admit there wrongs, the reason i was resistant is because when i wasnt told the reason it seemed unfair to me, and i hadnt ever even looked at the ban appeal forums before now so i knew nothing about the process, now that i have i realize the reason.
2. The reason i didnt mention the old build was because, as i stated before, i did not fully understand the rule of not destroying things even if they are unclaimed, and thought it was an inactive players old base so i didnt think i was breaking any rules on that. I thought i could just take the beacon for free, along with whatever else was there, i broke the dirt in an attempt to make the chest break and reveal its contents, and i freed the cows because i felt bad for them being locked in a fence.
3. It wasnt my intent to lie about it, from what i recall i was in resnether looking for netherite and had warped to resnether southwest and when i was digging (i dont remember it being near spawn, but my memory seems to be wrong in this case)
i found emerald blocks, and wanted them to sell, i didnt even realize it was a part of a beacon at first because i came across the emerald blocks while slightly under the surface of the spawn first, then the beacon. the reason i assumed it was from an old inactive player mining netherite was because i didnt think there would be a beacon at the southwest resnether warp, only the main one, and as i said before i didnt understand the rules on griefing fully, it was also wrong of me to assume it was from an inactive old player, my thinking on that was the nether had been stripped of its resources long before i went there, so it must have been an old inactive player, however i was wrong as it belonged to the community. now after seeing your reply, im unsure if i even was at southwest as i am now questioning how i remember it and honestly cant fully remember how it all went down, i just know i found the emerald blocks before the beacon and with the excitement of possibly making in game money i mined it, i should have thought through what i was doing and asked one of the staff who was online at the time about it.
4. the reason you dont allow people to grief is because it makes the game not fun, having to constantly worry about your hard work being destroyed and losing the time spent on your work, also its just wrong from a moral standpoint.
5. The rules on griefing are that you cannot break any player made structure, claimed or not, if it does not belong to you. No exceptions.

Again id like to thank you for giving me a chance to appeal, and if i am unbanned i will go back to both locations and rebuild what was destroyed myself, ill even sell some diamonds in /warp shop so i can get cow spawn eggs and replace the cows. and i wont let this happen again, i was definently in the wrong here and do not want to make the same mistake twice. If i am not unbanned that is fine too, i can accept the consequences for my actions, and will take what ive learned with me into the next server i join. and in the case that i am not unbanned which is honestly what im expecting to happen, id like to request that you take all my stuff and give it to the player whos build i destroyed with the cows. -.ThatsDope42O

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by .ThatsDope42O - 04-27-2023, 04:06 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 04-27-2023, 06:09 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by .ThatsDope42O - 04-27-2023, 07:49 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 04-27-2023, 07:59 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by .ThatsDope42O - 04-27-2023, 08:46 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 04-27-2023, 08:51 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by .ThatsDope42O - 04-27-2023, 11:05 AM