• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Should we reset the server for 1.20?
This poll is closed.
Yes, let's all start over fresh!
55.56%
5 55.56%
No, let's keep the map and expand instead!
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Should we reset the map for 1.20?
Hello. You might recognize me, I have been gone for quite a while now and I love the fact that the server has continually expanded and developed ever since I took a break from Minecraft. I noticed that most other small-community servers have started to die out, and I am very pleased to hear that this is still ongoing, and hopefully, I will be back again sometime during summer.

Anyhow, a reset would be nice for new players, but I do feel like old players would be sad to see their hard work go to an archive, although everything is basically complete.

I don't know much about how the server is run or how it all functions, but perhaps a new world could be made? Instead of deleting the main world, players could have the option to move to the new world through /server <1/2>... if that's possible?
If survival has become a bit bland, you could additionally add another world being Skyblock or Skygrid (/server 3)...? I don't know how skyblock works, since that new world would have to have all the ore-generator plugins and /island go commands and /shop things and idk... 
but Skygrid is an open world just like Survival... An old (dying) server titled Extremecraft has this Skygrid server that supports the newer versions of the game, perhaps you could derive some features from that server and apply it for HW? Especially the loot tables that you may find from chests in the Skygrid world. 

If running it doesn't get expensive, consider it:)))

Thank all of you for sticking along with HW. I miss this community.
"You are way less than what you could be. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Should we reset the map for 1.20? - by HqppyFeet - 05-04-2023, 08:00 PM