• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My apology to the Admins/Mods
Jake,

Apology accepted outside the game. After a major theft ban that is successfully appealed and then you x-ray -- no way are we trusting you on HT again.

Me admin, shudder no. I became mod even more reluctantly than I became the most junior of staff, enforcer/guardian. I only accepted staff because my 40,000 block long railroad was causing so much grief rollback work for the other staff.

And no, I don't get over it without a second thought. This behavior bothers me a lot. When I think there is a possibility that a person will reform after their first ban, I commit to hours double checking their ban, then after the unban, I spend more time double-checking that they keep to their bargain.

But one of my friends on the server was banned by me when they first got on -- pretty much their first hours playing MC as well -- grief was ignorance and learner's frustration. That person is now a partner building a town and a friend. Other unbanned players have become a nice part of my HT experience.

I am too old (late 50's) and experienced to expect every unbanned player will not grief again. But I still take chances because most people deserve the second chance if the first-kick-in-the-pants-ban-with-appeal gets through to them. And they become some of the better players on HT.

I hope your second-kick-in-the-pants has truly changed you for life. That would be worth the time I have spent.

Good luck with the rest of your life,

David
/Rowebot

Messages In This Thread
My apology to the Admins/Mods - by Knight4673 - 06-10-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: My apology to the Admins/Mods - by Rowebot - 06-10-2016, 11:37 PM