• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned after 12 hours
To start, I appreciate your honesty. There have been too many people who have lied to my face, try to shirk the responsibility, or try to minimize the crime of x-raying. I do empathize with the fact that you spent $45 on this server for a rank, but–for fairness' sake–the staff-team cannot let that be a deciding factor in how you are treated.

That being said, when it comes to x-ray bans, they get treated with a lot of scrutiny and have a high benchmark that needs to be met. With that in mind, what we ask of people is to use introspection and induction to realize how their actions have further, long-term consequences than one thought. Basically, we ask people to understand and explain the following:

Why is x-raying banned on most server?
How can x-raying affect others?
How can x-raying affect the economy?
And then an apology.

If you can provide a thought-out response that are sufficiently a paragraph in length to each of those, then you have a good chance of being unbanned. This has been the standard sought for a long time.

Now, I want you realize this, we were not always this lenient. There was a long-period–after catching so many people x-raying–that we instituted a zero-tolerance policy on cheating. Anyone caught cheating were black-bagged and their appeals automatically denied; we even did this to around 8 [VIP3] players. The reason I'm informing you of this is that, the rate of people caught–in which we instituted a zero-tolerance policy–was around 56+ people in 1 month. Just these past 7 days alone, I have personally caught 29–there are others that have been caught. In this regard, the rate has effectively tripled. I want you to realize how lucky you are that you can appeal right now. Please, do not squander the opportunity. Take your time, think through your response, and give it your best shot.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Messages In This Thread
Banned after 12 hours - by YodaBadger - 06-30-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Banned after 12 hours - by YodaBadger - 07-01-2016, 05:23 AM
RE: Banned after 12 hours - by Grimm_Wolfe - 07-01-2016, 06:43 AM
RE: Banned after 12 hours - by YodaBadger - 07-01-2016, 07:11 AM
RE: Banned after 12 hours - by Grimm_Wolfe - 07-01-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: Banned after 12 hours - by YodaBadger - 07-01-2016, 08:37 PM