• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Attempt at a Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP 

Minecraft name: TangentKitty135

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): For use of X-raying for resources 

Who banned you: TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): TheDutyPaid, if you are reading this, I hope you remember me, I've taken some time going onto other servers, and saw what it had accomplished without the use of X-ray. It was a place where everyone worked together with everyone, providing shelter and help from all. And guess what, I saw that same server standard on this server, as I saw all thrive. Using X-ray to me feels like giving a dog a challenge to find a bone to chew on out in the wild, and to hunt down a wild animal for such bone, only to realize you live on an animal farm. It makes it unfair for the dogs attempt and creating a strength to hunt and will to be in the wild, and for the farmer, losing all his values and property. This all simply was because giving a dog such a task was thought to be challenging and worth doing as a way to release the dogs energy and to train him. You, the administrator/Moderator, would take the role of the Farmer, and the dog, would presumably represent me. 

Why do you want to come back: For the very few days I was on the server, I felt guilt and disloyalty to everyone around me, and I wish only to be back into the community. TheDutyPaid (or whoever is reviewing this), understand that I would not feel such a emotion struggle as to if the server was not worth staying in. Now, I know you might be asking yourself that why break the rules if you cared for the community so much. Greed and fortune got the best of me, and I prioritized the very wrong thing. I was desperate, and needed a way to make money, At first I was mining normally, but I was not acquiring enough money, and wished for a faster way. Installing X-ray, at first made me a rich a happy young man. The thought of no Admins or Mods supervising the server, internally, convinced me further to continue such actions. Please consider me, I again, understand I was unfair to all, and I take complete blame, I'd even ask as for a probation, I just hope you give this a good read and think it through. Smile 

You have spoken about visiting other servers and while Hometown is unique, there are many other servers which offer similar game play experience.
I am curious to understand why you have not settled on one of them? Your short time on HT you did interact with other players but I can't really see involvement with others.

The Duty Paid, It does not come by easy to settle, Hometown has a unique community that I can understand , relate, and enjoy with. The whole indie feeling of it all, makes it all the more exciting and enjoyable than all other servers. A community like hometown has a warming experience when I play it over other servers, and near all servers I have joined have a extreme community and unforgiving, corrupt Admins and Mods. I hope this can explain your question. And I just want to mention, I have helped many on this server, and I wanted to give them a better experience, by joining towns, helping around, and making their town more active. Me staying on the server means I can better help them, and get to know everyone better.

I have given this a lot of thought and while I consider X-ray to be worthy of a permanent ban you have the chance to appeal.

Goes without saying that this is a game and while money and items may come slowly, in a short time by playing fair you can have it all. The items, money and other things of value you had, have now been taken.

So welcome back to Hometown but remember we have rules in place and you can review these with /rule and at /warp rules.