• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chest minecart bug and hopper minecarts
Since I could not, and no one could, with good evidence, get a hopper and a minecart to cooperate on the server, I believe it is quite reasonable to fix this redstone bug, though not specific to the server, with hopper minecarts. Whenever the minecart fails to put item into hoppers or vise versa, the hopper minecart will do the job. 

Let me make an analogy here, if you are the CEO of a power company, and recently one of the power plants had an accident and is shut down, perhaps for a year or perhaps permanently. But one thing is for sure, you cannot say to people "just live without power until the plant is back running". You find alternatives, and so I should get hopper minecarts to replace the chest carts in my auto furnace, since it turned out, pure hopper and redstone is also flawed. 
Also recently I've been trying to build public furnace arrays and not succeeding through this redstone bug.

As a matter of fact, I already have one running my brewer array because Shis could not get the hopper to put any ingredients into a chest cart.

Yeah, no. In this situation, we're not the CEOs - that would be Mojang, who need to get SMP more stable ever since they goofed it all up with 1.9. We're consumers in this situation. You could call Frost a landlord, who owns a dwelling that is now receiving unstable power to meet the needs of the players, his tenants. And the alternative left to Frost here, is to direct his tenants to opt for less power-intensive options in their machinery - that is, designs that don't rely on pinpoint precision with moving entities, or constantly pulsing redstone signals.

The short of it is, no, we're not handing out hopper carts just because chest carts can't get the job done. A hopper cart is nowhere near required for something like a smelter, and there isn't even a guarantee a hopper cart will be as infallible as you claim, since it too is a moving entity.

The problem is not with moving entities, the problem is specific to hoppers and chest carts. I have seen people trying to copy youtube designs just to find out that hoppers do not put items into the chest carts like they should. But so far, my hopper carts have been flawless, as I said I have a couple. Also why make it such that beginners can buy hopper carts with their $100? Why not reduce the price and have a rank limit to buy them? I could use some hopper carts and you damn well know I am not gonna grief with it.

Carts aren't the only thing having issues, I've had trouble trying to have my post-1.9 design glass elevator work properly because the item entities just don't behave consistently. Hopper carts are restricted as they are because they are the laggiest entity in the game. They are allowed to exist on the server only under tight regulation on their numbers, and because there are circumstances where they would cause less lag than alternative options. Smelters and breweries are not one of those circumstances.