• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Do You Suport (Some Sort) Of Server Map Reset?
This poll is closed.
Yes
54.55%
24 54.55%
No
40.91%
18 40.91%
Undecided
4.55%
2 4.55%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Unbiased Poll About Feelings With Server Reset
(07-07-2016, 02:43 AM)Rividium Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 02:28 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: Well the community might not have to be completely split. I mean, mvtp still allows the same chat, and we would still be able to tp to each other, but yeah the shops would sorta be fucked

It would be best to just make it so inventories and balances are same for both worlds, would only leave the 0.1% that want economy to be reset unsatisfied, satisfies everyone else on the server.

ill deal with the current economy if we get a new map to live on, like the current map is just so old, this isn't 2b2t, we don't need to run the same map forever
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-07-2016, 02:28 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: Well the community might not have to be completely split. I mean, mvtp still allows the same chat, and we would still be able to tp to each other, but yeah the shops would sorta be fucked

It would be best to just make it so inventories and balances are same for both worlds, would only leave the 0.1% that want economy to be reset unsatisfied, satisfies everyone else on the server.

Hm

I guess if we could transfer all of our items and money into the new world that would be fine. Kinda like livin a double life

(07-07-2016, 02:45 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote:

Hm

I guess if we could transfer all of our items and money into the new world that would be fine. Kinda like livin a double life

Yeah, do you see that currently there's a main world and a resource world, right? And when you go from one of them to the other, your inventory stays exactly the same. This is exactly what should happen between the main world and main world 2.

You have been living in a small town of 50 for all your life, and one day, 50 members of a cult from a nearby town destroyed by a forest fire moved in nearby. A month later, they are dissatisfied with the town and decided to make your house into a cult gathering hall. The town took a vote, all 50 members of the cult voted yes, and so did a couple of original town people who does not care about you. Your are now homeless, after a whole life living in the town.

Well, that's rather extreme and inaccurate - people who only just joined would have no particular incentive to go for either choice - it hardly affects them. Most of the people who discuss these things, for or against, are established denizens, debating whether a reset would be healthier in the long run or whether it's better to leave well enough alone.

thank goodness this isn't Brexit, the poll is so close atm XD

I hope you all realize any player-made poll will not affect whether or not a reset occurs since it's not an official, staff-sanctioned polling or thread. These kinds of polls are effectively pointless and only function to spam the forums with multiple threads on the same subject.

Just pointing that out.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

No one could ever fit all their items into their inventory, and with the balances, we have all bought warps, plots and other stuff, so our balance still wouldn't be the same.
[Image: UVOARue.png]
HACKER #3

(07-07-2016, 12:42 PM)mg_zt_04 Wrote:

No one could ever fit all their items into their inventory, and with the balances, we have all bought warps, plots and other stuff, so our balance still wouldn't be the same.

I don't think you understand what I meant...

Ok so you see that currently there's a resource world and a main world? If you go from the main world to the resource world and vice versa, your balance doesn't change and your inventory stays the same. And if you want to take items from main world 1 to main world 2 you can keep going back and forth putting your items in your new chests.

(07-07-2016, 09:28 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: I hope you all realize any player-made poll will not affect whether or not a reset occurs since it's not an official, staff-sanctioned polling or thread.  These kinds of polls are effectively pointless and only function to spam the forums with multiple threads on the same subject.

Just pointing that out.

I couldn't be more aware, I was simply making this to get a better, more professional, view of peoples opinions (the other poll wasn't good on its options) I even added a disclaimer