• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Youtube Channel
If you were to maintain a YouTube channel despite what other staff have said, I'd advise doing so after the reset, or after the threat of a reset is gone (since we don't know yet which it is).  There are a lot of things going on right now. I'd rather us be represented as stable as possible. Looking at our server right now, we look like a mess in my opinion. Let things die down and level out, then we can revisit this channel when the timing is better.

I'd be down for someone to produce quality content on the official channel. I don't like let's plays or whatever but if you can offer something real cool to the channel I would definitely hand over the account

(07-09-2016, 05:46 AM)Arayvek Wrote: If you were to maintain a YouTube channel despite what other staff have said, I'd advise doing so after the reset, or after the threat of a reset is gone (since we don't know yet which it is).  There are a lot of things going on right now. I'd rather us be represented as stable as possible. Looking at our server right now, we look like a mess in my opinion. Let things die down and level out, then we can revisit this channel when the timing is better.

Yea Post Reset would be best

(07-09-2016, 08:27 AM)frost Wrote: I'd be down for someone to produce quality content on the official channel. I don't like let's plays or whatever but if you can offer something real cool to the channel I would definitely hand over the account

I or someone else can maybe make a weekly progress of the whole community's progress we can make a post where people can submit what they have done in a week like opened a new shop or made a new town something like that would be nice or we could continue the build submission thing that is currently on the channel.

(07-08-2016, 07:41 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 01:55 PM)Donkey Wrote: The new youtuber will also get the channel password to access it if they abuse the channel they will be punished (idk what it would be because if they mess up the channel they arent doing anything wrong in game). Also they must follow all youtubes rules if they get a strike on the channel they will be punished.
(07-08-2016, 01:16 AM)Donkey Wrote: people would need the password and the channel is not even used anymore so there wouldnt be a huge issue with it being used.

The primary issue with a community-owned channel–in my eyes–is how fast it will likely be abused and shutdown by YouTube's system.  I does not take much for a channel to be terminated nowadays, especially if someone were malicious enough to try deleting all the legitimate content people uploaded via a terms-of-service violation.  In my time here, we have a handful of former, disgruntled players actively–and repeatedly–disrupt our server with DDoS and spam attacks over a long period of time.  An application process can be lied through for the sole purpose of trying to ruin a channel.

If players want to start up a channel, that's fine; I won't stop them.  However, I would not expect the staff-team to regulate it in any official, structured manner and I would advise against letting anyone potentially join via an application.  As Vilneas pointed out already, we have enough on our plate as is, too.

Yes having multiple people on a channel makes it very prone to YouTube taking it down also staff would have a hard time regulating it.
Have a great day!  Angel

If we do ever end up having a player owned channel, I'd do it but I have no game-recording software so everything would just be vlogging/news style videos. I have a YouTube channel already and have experience in editing :)
ChloDoesMC is a cLod
[Image: tumblr_inline_nvzh83kHAX1qdqn46_540.gif]

there already is a hometown youtube channel can I just say that