Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal (x-ray apology)
Sad 
Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Zeuclyptus

Reason for your ban: X-Ray

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: Firstly I want to admit that I have used x-ray texture pack and i really apologize for my deeds. I hope the staff will forgive me and give me another chance.

This server is my favorite server, the community here is very good and the staff is also very helpful. I was really enjoying the server and was exploring all the amazing builds on the server. I got greedy and also wanted to build something huge and beautiful. Then i started using the texture pack and started mining to get some easy resources, but now i really feel I shouldn`t have done that, instead i would have done mining in a fair manner.

I have learned from my mistake and i have promised my self to never use the texture pack again. If the staff considers my appeal, I would really be thankful to them and i promise to  never do it again. I will make sure to follow all the rules of the server and never do anything against the rules.

I am ready to destroy all the things I got from the x-ray mining.

Why do you want to come back: I love the server. I have made a small house and made friends, I want to play with them, they are really good people. I want to help the community to grow. It has been really fun playing on the server since I joined , even it has been a sort journey but a beautiful one. I want to continue play on the server, make new friends and have fun with them.
I have learnt from my mistake and I promise never to repeat it again. I would be grateful if I got another chance seeing that I have done such a wrong deed. I would never ever let you down and always abide by the rules.

-Zeuclyptus

This appeal needs work, but it is a good start. I do appreciate the honesty though. It feels like 90% of the people banned try to lie their way out of it; it never works and ends poorly for them.

Basically, what staff asks of x-rayers is some introspection into why x-raying is inherently bad, and an understanding of why they should stop. The general questions we ask require a full paragraph in length answer–effectively, it's a series of short-essay questions. We ask that you show an understanding of:

- Why x-raying/cheating is bad by its nature?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect others?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect the server's economy?
- How will you take this moment and learn from it, and how will you apply it to playing legitimately?
- Finally, an apology after fully understanding the consequences.

If you can answer these sufficiently, you have a good chance at being unbanned.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Hi, Grimm_Wolfe sorry for replying too late, i have been busy in studied recently. And thank you for considering my appeal. I will try my best to answer these questions satisfactorily. \

Why x-raying/cheating is bad by its nature?
X-ray is bad by nature beacause it gives x-rayers a easy access to all the precious stuff easily. It is wrong as other players work hard and gain those items but by using x-ray it is an easy access to that same stuff. It affects the server economy very badly and affects other players too.

How does x-raying/cheating affect others?
X-raying is bad because it has given me an advantage over the other legitimate players, i have got a large amount of resources in short time while other legitimate players work hard to gain those resources. It makes very easy for players who use x ray to compete with other players in terms of building or even the in gaining in game money (which is wrong by nature).

How does x-raying/cheating affect the server's economy?
X-raying affects the server economy very much as by using X-Ray I have gained those resources which I shouldn`t. It has weekens the server economy as the server that i have obtained by x- raying are sold to other players at a lower price than others who have worked hard for obtaining those items, hence lowering the over all price of items.

How will you take this moment and learn from it, and how will you apply it to playing legitimately?
I have learnt my lesson of not using any type of cheats or hacks while playing on any server. I have realized that how have my deeds affected the whole economy of server and created a bad image of me in front of players and staff members. I with my whole body and soul promise the staff that i will not use any type of hacks or cheats again.

Apology- I have learnt my lesson from this incident that how have I affected the server badly. I apologize from all the staff and players about x- raying. I promice to not to use any cheats/hacks again on any server and play legit. I also apologize to staff for wasting their time in dealing with me.
Please consider this appeal as this is my sincere apology to all of you.

Your appeal is good enough to warrant an unbanning. When this comment is posted, your account and IP will be unbanned; however, the server may still be whitelisted as the staff-team addresses an error. A thread will likely be posted announcing the 2nd re-opening of the server to the public.

With that being said, please, refrain from further breaking the rules on HomeTown. The staff-team does not take kindly to repeat offenders and you may be permanently banned for further indiscretions.

Welcome back to HomeTown MC SMP. Good luck exploring the new world.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook