57.84%
107 57.84%
Total 185 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Official Poll on Reset
(07-09-2016, 10:51 PM)Saiyaka Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 08:32 PM)_JELLy__ Wrote: Economy reset is better? You know how long I spent on selling ebooks to get me to my bal where I can spend money as I wish to complete projects and afford warps for all of the server to enjoy. I have made most of my farms free because I can afford to, for those less wealthy or new players. And I do not think a eco reset will change the prices of say diamonds. Players will build their shops in the new world in consideration of the old prices unless the server shop mentioned buys diamonds.

It's perfectly fair since everyone loses their stuff too, not just you. Does it suck? Yes. But what sucks even more is both the ridiculous effort it takes to get anywhere in this eco, and also the lack thereof. With the server shop, not only will it set price floors and price ceilings for the WHOLE eco by selling and buying only common, cheap goods, it'll also set a dire frame of reference between work and money that has yet to exist on the server. Guess what? All your money is worthless currently. Why keep a lot of useless money when instead we can have a fresh reset and have lots of useful money to spend? Cash flow and the circulation of currency is extremely important.   

(07-09-2016, 10:15 PM)_JELLy__ Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 08:53 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: It's not even needs, it's wants.  They want to keep their builds, their money, their resources, and their prestige at the detrimental cost to the server.  We need a reset to fix the server entirely, they don't want a reset to keep their builds.  No matter how they phrase it, they are putting more value to personal wants than overarching needs–pure selfishness.

Yes I do want to keep my builds, and people should too. I value my builds and others' of the same proportion. I know people do not like building guardian and iron farms. I know people do not like to see their efforts wasted. Is it a promise of the staff team that a reset WILL solve the most fundamental issues of the server? Is a reset going to make hoppers put items into chest carts, stop redstone circuits breaking randomely upon loading, stop horses from freezing under pstones or disappearing when warping, or make LWC compatible with pstone? 

Also talking about resetting everything, and being fair in not carrying over items and bal. Is it fair that /fly gives VIP an advantage in claiming most of the ocean monuments, get to a roofed forest, raid lots of nether fortresses and claiming all the blaze spawners and hold them for sale later, find strong hold after strong hold because they can fly over ocean?

(07-09-2016, 10:35 PM)itsynibbles Wrote: +1 everything jelly just said.  smaller map and fly = all the juicy stuff will be gone before you can blink.    if there is going to be a new map perhaps think about denying fly for the first month or so.

To address both of your concerns, we have already thought of this. We have a comprehensive plan that isn't currently on here since frost wanted to keep it short. But it does include eliminating fly for the first couple weeks to a month to give everyone a fair shot. We aren't unfair. As for Jelly's complaints, yes this will fix a lot of issues or atleast make them less pronounced. Another thing that ISN'T mentioned is a reset means an upgrade to a new server with a faster CPU and nearly a terrabyte of SSD space, compared to our current 256gb one that caused all our plugins to crash. We'll also be replacing many of our plugins in favor of other ones, such as pstones with grief protection, etc.

(07-09-2016, 10:41 PM)Nitro Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 10:22 AM)The_Epic_Legend Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 10:21 AM)HorseGirl7311 Wrote: Will balances be set to 0 or to 100, like when you first start the game?

Wait, so if players have bought in-game money or the VIp3 who gets a 200$ boost; will that be gone or do players that bought extra money get that extra money back? cuz if we're resetting it would make sense to give it back.

If you've bought it and spent it then I don't particularly see a reason to give it back. If you buy currency elsewhere and something changes to the game they dont just give it all back.

That being said, if players complain we've already considered letting people show a proof of purchase to receive the currency again on the new map.
is there any way that limitation could be set for just a week? A week is a long time in itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Okay, staff. Make the call and get this over with one way or the other, or something in between. As it stands, I'm playing single-player and another server since there's no point playing Hometown when anything I do from here on will likely be deleted. What's the time frame on any changes being made?

i will NEVER accept it wolf. i will absolutely never accept it. i want my build to be transferred. i have been showing my build to anyone who cares to come and look and every single person has agreed it should be allowed to come. sure call me selfish. i have a duty to do whatever i can to bring my build. its my build. its a part of me. i will not just drop it.

you can not extinguish my passion. i will not allow you to do that.

I've already voted but would like to know if I can build a shop in the new world please?
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA

(07-10-2016, 12:12 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: So staying the same is not a true option? Why don't you modify the poll to simply how many people want resets? Or have the Brits only record how many people want to exit EU. Or only count how many people vote for Romney. I will wait for another update by Mojang. My other offer is a gradual cleanup of the server where players identify old abandoned builds or farms, pulsing redstone, or anything that have no apparent purpose and gradually make staff roll it back. That was exactly what I did with end farms. My solution would be patching the server up instead of resetting it, that is part of option 1. I do not think a reset is necessary to address the issues.

- Deflections with no substance.

- Which is what we've been doing since the last time talks of a reset occurred; nothing but patchjobs on a sinking ship.  Nothing new being offered by anti-reset since we last had these talks, typical.

(07-10-2016, 12:17 AM)itsynibbles Wrote: i will NEVER accept it wolf.  i will absolutely never accept it.  i want my build to be transferred.  i have been showing my build to anyone who cares to come and look and every single person has agreed it should be allowed to come.  sure call me selfish.  i have a duty to do whatever i can to bring my build.  its my build.  its a part of me.  i will not just drop it.  

you can not extinguish my passion.  i will not allow you to do that.

- Then that's your issue.  We've already laid out the options and drew the line in the sand; it's non-negiotable.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I can't understand why people cling to illogical things, when the major issue has been around for years and this is the only logical solution.

I don't think the server had tried to gradually erase any old, abandoned lag causes. I do not recall a purge of builds of banned or long time inactive players. You left them as is, and do not allow anyone to take them down or roll them back. We have not attempted to solve some of the problems and the first time you try it is a reset. Yes we've attempted some patches but they never serve to reduce lags and entities in the world. Do I think plugins, lags, economy, and redstone bugs can be fixed without a reset? Yes. We could introduce a server shop in the current set up, we could gradually erase some historical useless builds, we could install new plugins for the ones that do not play well together. We should try harder.

Random thoughts reading this thread:

I dare say that there's many entitled youth crying over things beyond their control.

Let it go. It's time for major surgery to save this patient/server.

I'd even advocate $0 balances at start. Earn that buck from voting and doing stuff.

If we're getting vanilla flavored plugins, for the love of Gawd, can a proper chat channel plugin and block protect be considered? I'm going to continue building roads to get people away from spawn, and find /rand to be annoying.

(07-10-2016, 12:17 AM)itsynibbles Wrote: i will NEVER accept it wolf. i will absolutely never accept it. i want my build to be transferred. i have been showing my build to anyone who cares to come and look and every single person has agreed it should be allowed to come. sure call me selfish. i have a duty to do whatever i can to bring my build. its my build. its a part of me. i will not just drop it.

you can not extinguish my passion. i will not allow you to do that.
If I could let you keep your stuff I would. But it would be morally wrong to single you out and let you do what you want and not let everyone else do it. I understand your passion, but the sad truth is that passion will not fix our server's dire issues, and we can't let passion stand in the way of fixing the server and preventing it from dying. You see moving your build as an option, but it really isn't. I hope you understand that.

As far as entities go, I think that if we go with the new machine route, we can let entities stay. And if you really wanted, you could still play survival. /gm is what we would give everyone exp+, so you can do whatever gamemode you want.

(07-10-2016, 12:16 AM)PBchaser Wrote: Okay, staff. Make the call and get this over with one way or the other, or something in between. As it stands, I'm playing single-player and another server since there's no point playing Hometown when anything I do from here on will likely be deleted. What's the time frame on any changes being made?
We don't know yet. There's still some kinks to work out, the main purpose of this thread was just to get a feel for the community's desires.

(07-10-2016, 12:18 AM)undormant Wrote: I've already voted but would like to know if I can build a shop in the new world please?
Anyone can build a shop in the new world. Player run shops will be the staple of the eco and the main source of trading. The server shop is there for two reason: generate currency based on work, and keep prices stable. Competition would only be able to drive prices so low with this sort of setup.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

Whichever option is picked, I have a question, when will the action happen, just wondering cause I'm going away soon (out of town)
- HorseGirl7311 • Horse • Miss. Horse -
 - Owner of /warp horse_xp - New Spider Spawner -