• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
REPURPOSED: Star Reset Q&A!
(07-12-2016, 01:25 AM)meg12002 Wrote: when will we be able to join again ?

well the mods did say on another post that they can't do anything until the they can see frost once more

The server will be back up in a couple days, and until then don't get hit by cars playing Pokemon Go.

World Sizes:
Overworld- 12,000x12,000 for now, will be increased if new biomes are released or it's too cramped
Nether-TBD
End-TBD

As for the plugins being added/removed, I'm not totally sure yet. There are still talks about what final tweaks to make, but the protection plugin I know changes. I believe it's being changed from the protection stones to the golden shovel plugin. To my knowledge that's the only plugin that's being changed for now, but since the rest will likely be minor, they're not vital to the start up. (Pets n stuff).

I hope /random is disabled for as long as /fly is, though there's still a debate on that.  I'll leave that one at a "TBD".

Golden Shovel eh? welp, no longer will nooblets ask "HOW DO I PROTECT STUFFFFFF" lol, thanks star!

BTW, how big will the maps be?
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-12-2016, 07:32 AM)Star Wrote: The server will be back up in a couple days, and until then don't get hit by cars playing Pokemon Go.

World Sizes:
Overworld- 12,000x12,000 for now, will be increased if new biomes are released or it's too cramped
Nether-TBD
End-TBD

As for the plugins being added/removed, I'm not totally sure yet. There are still talks about what final tweaks to make, but the protection plugin I know changes. I believe it's being changed from the protection stones to the golden shovel plugin. To my knowledge that's the only plugin that's being changed for now, but since the rest will likely be minor, they're not vital to the start up. (Pets n stuff).

I hope /random is disabled for as long as /fly is, though there's still a debate on that.  I'll leave that one at a "TBD".
Aw looks like i have to go do something productive ;-;
Have a great day!  Angel

(07-12-2016, 07:38 AM)The_Epic_Legend Wrote: Golden Shovel eh? welp, no longer will nooblets ask "HOW DO I PROTECT STUFFFFFF" lol, thanks star!

BTW, how big will the maps be?

I already answered that lol

TBD- To be determined

I think two things I certainly do not enjoy are players camping all around the start and litter it with noob huts or me walking 10000 blocks to find my peace. I believe random should be there.

Yeah, but people can abuse it immediately by using it and warping into a rare biome before anyone else can get there.

(07-12-2016, 08:04 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: I think two things I certainly do not enjoy are players camping all around the start and litter it with noob huts or me walking 10000 blocks to find my peace. I believe random should be there.

there is a reason that we are going to disable /fly as so no one can get an unfair advantage and fly around and find all the temples and such. /rand can be used in the same manner but an easier way than fly, all you do is teleport all over the map and who knows you could end up around temples and such. this is why there is still a debate on it and i am pro no /rand for as long as we are not using /fly. any other details will be let known when we have them.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

im kind of crying over the fact that it will take days.
its very understandable, but i've been looking into a world reset forever and now i'm just internally suffering until it opens again.
keep up the hard work though, i appreciate it

If there's no /rand, everyone will just cluster near the spawn. It's not like a /rand will get you in the middle of an ocean temple or something.