• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question Regarding Having Building Rules in Towns
Rainbow 
Okay so I was reading some ban appeals bc I'm bored and it got me thinking. When the new server comes up, I plan on trying to build a town and the town would have a certain theme that I would like anyone that lives there (if, i suppose) to follow to a certain degree along with basic rules like no noobtowers/wooden boxes. If someone broke those rules, what would I do? The last thing I would want is to be griefing by removing a build or something. I just want to make sure I understand exactly how that situation should be handled before I make my town.

If you have the rules clearly stated on signs then you can ask the player to leave the town with staff backing you up. In the past with core protect, we would ensure your signs have existed longer than the last player activity in the town to ensure the player had seen the rules. With the new server setup, I don't know if core protect will be there to log such things.

With the golden shovel, you can subdivide your claim and give individual rights to each subdivision plot. This means when you kick someone out of your town, you take their rights away to their plot. Not certain how this works in detail yet.
/Rowebot

(07-13-2016, 10:29 AM)Rowebot Wrote: If you have the rules clearly stated on signs then you can ask the player to leave the town with staff backing you up.  In the past with core protect, we would ensure your signs have existed longer than the last player activity in the town to ensure the player had seen the rules.  With the new server setup, I don't know if core protect will be there to log such things.

With the golden shovel, you can subdivide your claim and give individual rights to each subdivision plot.  This means when you kick someone out of your town, you take their rights away to their plot.  Not certain how this works in detail yet.

Thank you Rowebot. I'm not familiar with the golden shovel plugin (I think something similar was in a server I played in years ago but I can't be sure... there's so many different mods for grief protect lol) so I'll read up on it before the server opens again. That would certainly make things easier! I'll probably still check with a mod before I did anything if it ever came down to it just to be safe.

(07-13-2016, 10:29 AM)Rowebot Wrote: If you have the rules clearly stated on signs then you can ask the player to leave the town with staff backing you up.  In the past with core protect, we would ensure your signs have existed longer than the last player activity in the town to ensure the player had seen the rules.  With the new server setup, I don't know if core protect will be there to log such things.

With the golden shovel, you can subdivide your claim and give individual rights to each subdivision plot.  This means when you kick someone out of your town, you take their rights away to their plot.  Not certain how this works in detail yet.

so if someone builds on our land and we take the perms away their stuff is now ours?
Have a great day!  Angel

Would that mean we wouldn't be using any kind of log plugin? I know we had the problem recently with the log file, but are we considering not having anything comparable? Or is that still TBD pending staff discussion over the new protection plugin?

Still TBD.
/Rowebot

I would die if core protect was removed O_O
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-13-2016, 10:41 AM)Donkey Wrote: so if someone builds on our land and we take the perms away their stuff is now ours?

No - the rule we've always had for towns is that you may evict people who break the rules, but touching their stuff is still grief. They must be instructed to remove their builds themselves, and if they refuse a staff member will erase their build completely.