• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-spam plugins
This isn't really a problem, just something to watch out for:

-The area around spawn limits you so that you cannot speak in chat. If you are in this area, you cannot /msg and whenever you speak in chat it is followed by a red message telling you that you need to move away from spawn before chatting. Noone else can see your messages despite them appearing in chat on  your screen. This is a great way to stop spam bots which log Into servers and stand in spawn spamming chat, however it also affects minechat users (and similar apps). The default setting on minechat is to spawn on connecting. If you are like me and don't have a home set yet, go to a warp to chat. Remember that mobs can still kill you, so find a warp that takes you to a well lit indoor area like a shop.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

[{(< UPDATE >)}]

You can't talk at all on minechat. I tried warping, I tried going to my /home at the world border, nothing worked. It says you need to move a little before you can chat. So basically, you can't use minechat on hometown anymore. I will experiment with creating a warp with running water... Maybe that way it will recognise you moving and let you talk.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(07-21-2016, 12:36 AM)Penguin Wrote: [{(< UPDATE >)}]

You can't talk at all on minechat. I tried warping, I tried going to my /home at the world border, nothing worked. It says you need to move a little before you can chat. So basically, you can't use minechat on hometown anymore. I will experiment with creating a warp with running water... Maybe that way it will recognise you moving and let you talk.

I think if you try to set a warp in water, it will move you to the nearest solid block. Maybe try it with an open trapdoor or maybe we can ask the staff to change it so it's only blocked in part of the tutorial.

Also, I posted something on this before I think and it got deleted and I didn't delete it. Idk, maybe I was dreaming.
-DrBot